Author Topic: Option for automatic secure rip only if accurate rip reports a problem  (Read 1666 times)

fireplex

At the moment for ripping you can choose either quick rip or secure rip with error recovery.

Obviously quick rip is quicker, but I would like the option that if the accuraterip reports problems for a track then try secure rip with error recovery for that track.

It seems a bit time wasteful to be doing secure rips if the accuraterip in the first place has reported no issues.
Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 11:45:35 AM by fireplex

phred

• Global Moderator
It seems a bit time wasteful to be doing secure rips if the accuraterip in the first place has reported no issues.
I agree. So why don't you do first use quick rip with AccurateRip enabled and if it shows errors, then simply rerip those tracks with secure rip.

I see no point in Steven wasting his time implementing something like this when you can do it yourself.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

fireplex

Ah, I didn't realise you could click and secure rip a single track - can you advise how to do that please ?

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm not in front of my PC right now, but you should note which track(s) fail AccurateRip and open the RIP dialog and select only the tracks that failed by using the check box on the left. Then select 'secure RIP' and start.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

fireplex

Oh, that's sort of my point.

So you have to write down the tracks that fail accuraterip.

Then go into settings and change from quick to secure rip.

Then click rip CD again, tell it not to overwrite files, uncheck everything and check what you want.

Then start a rip.

Just thought it would be useful for an option to do this automatically.

Another ripper I use rips the track quick, compares to accuraterip and if ok continues, if not it tries to do a securerip - seems to be a logical and useful flow to me.

Thanks.