Author Topic: "Restart" option.  (Read 3368 times)

ksvane

Since many changes you make in MB requires a restart to apply, I was thinking it might be cool if the file menu had a "Restart" option eg. right above (or below) "Exit".

;D

VX

If you ask me, commands such as:
'Activate Auto-Shutdown'
'Exit'
and 'Restart' (if implemented)
have nothing in common with a 'File' or music library (collection of the files) as it refer to MusicBee or the computer (system) in general.

I suggest to move those commands to a separate main menu entry or assign them to 'Tools' eventually. The 'Tools' menu could be renamed to 'Management' or sth like that. IMHO, the current solution isn't quite intuitive.

ksvane

all I want is a simple option that terminates mb and then restarts it automaically... like when you change the skin :)

Steven

• Administrator
the places i can think of where its not an automatic restart are:
- changing fonts in the preferences
- changing language in the preferences

perhaps i should just make it restart after you save the preferences in the same way it does for selecting a skin

ksvane

also monitored folders (when switching between scan on startup/continously monitor)
I just remember having restarted mb lots of times, each time wondering why there was no easy way to do that.
:)

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
perhaps i should just make it restart after you save the preferences in the same way it does for selecting a skin

I think it would need to ask the 1st time it auto-restarts possibly with a 'don't ask again' tick-box
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here