Author Topic: Bass_Error_Notavail  (Read 1975 times)

jcquino

Hello community, hope everyone is doing fine.
 i've been searching the forum for some answers about an error i have, but still cant find it, thats why i decided to post.
I own a Helm Audio Bolt Dac for my headphones it works perfect for me, when learning about bit perfect i decided to give it a try at my laptop (works amazing on my phone + USB Audio Player Pro), but i got an error vverytime i change WASAPI Shared to WASAPI Exclusive, there is no sound and a mesage appears about BASS_ERROR_NOTAVAIL

i tried updating my card driver but didnt work. i know about Un4seen Development Bass24 but have no idea on how to install and if this is going to work.
hope you can help me out
Thank you very much in advance
JC

frankz

1. Is any other program using the device when you start trying to play in MB?  If so, it won't start in MB (i.e. Exclusive)
2. Have you given the device the ability to enter exclusive mode in your Windows sound device settings?

jcquino

hello Frankz. Thank you very much. Step 2 work it out. strange now is that i hear some cracks or popups while playing my flacs, but thank you very much
Cheers
JC

hiccup

strange now is that i hear some cracks or popups while playing my flacs
I noticed you have enabled event mode.
Did you check if your dac indeed supports that mode?

sveakul

hiccup beat me to point #1 about the "cracks" you report hearing;  I can add:

You don't say what version or type of MusicBee you are using.  Steven started supplying an updated version of basswasapi.dll (which handles Exclusive mode) with the last 3.4 update and in the patch files.  So update to MusicBee 3.4.7805 on the Downloads page if you haven't already.

hiccup

hiccup beat me to point #1 about the "cracks" you report hearing;  I can add:
Shall I remove my post? ;-)

I found a manual for that dac with a screenshot of settings for foobar2000, and it shows to use 'push' mode.
Which is the same as synchronous.

So that dac is probably not compatible with event/asynchronous mode.

sveakul

hiccup beat me to point #1 about the "cracks" you report hearing;  I can add:
Shall I remove my post? ;-)

Negatory buddy we'd all be suffering from my typing speed even when I did have a thought  :o

jcquino

hiccup beat me to point #1 about the "cracks" you report hearing;  I can add:

You don't say what version or type of MusicBee you are using.  Steven started supplying an updated version of basswasapi.dll (which handles Exclusive mode) with the last 3.4 update and in the patch files.  So update to MusicBee 3.4.7805 on the Downloads page if you haven't already.

I'm running Version 3.4.7805, and i have disable Event Mode, but still have those popups, only way to get rid of them is when using WASAPI Shared

hiccup

You could try this, but only if you feel a little bit adventurous and understand the small risks involved:

Disconnect the usb dac.
Go to Windows Device Management.
Remove all devices that are related to audio. (if asked:'remove drivers also', say yes)
Restart your computer and let Windows auto-install the audo drivers.
When that's completed plugin your usb dac and see if the problem is solved.

I am assuming you are on a recent version of Windows 10.
If not, don't do this.

jcquino

You could try this, but only if you feel a little bit adventurous and understand the small risks involved:

Disconnect the usb dac.
Go to Windows Device Management.
Remove all devices that are related to audio. (if asked:'remove drivers also', say yes)
Restart your computer and let Windows auto-install the audo drivers.
When that's completed plugin your usb dac and see if the problem is solved.

I am assuming you are on a recent version of Windows 10.
If not, don't do this.

Hi, after doing Hiccup suggestion, those cracks and pops are still there. Maybe it is the laptop, maybe USB DAC, even the latter works fine with my phone and bit-perfect through USB Audio Player Pro.
Only way to get rid of thoes anoying cracks is changing to Shared instead of Exclusive.
Thank you very much guys for all tips
Cheers
JC