Author Topic: Text-to-speech option  (Read 1525 times)

Luk

Hi there,

For years, I was a huge fan of Mediamonkey (MM), but since about 2017 I'm very impressed by the possibilities offered by Musicbee. I have become a huge fan!

As a matter of fact I only miss one feature from my past favorite player (MM), that offered a sort of "Tune Announcer" (this exists as an app for mobile devices) but it was a specific plugin written for this mediaplayer (MM).

It offers the possibility to hear announced the title and artist (depending on the tags of on the filename) in the first seconds of the song. Of course, not anyone wants this feature, but I would like to use it - when I can't see the screen of my computer - working with remote headphones or in other room) and still wanting to keep track of the details of the song I listen to...

I posted this a while ago before in the Support-topics with no success, but I belongs here, in the whishlists-items.

Anyone capable of supplying this text-to-speech option in Musicbee?

I would be grateful!

Luk

frankz

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=4941.15
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22199

It's been four years, friend. You could have learned to code and made one by now. 

No offense, but I don't think it's happening.

hiccup

A thought pops-up:

This wishlist board is pretty much a domain where users can express their wishes and suggestions so that MusicBee's (sole) developer can decide what to do with it.
It's not ideal for suggesting plugins or other sorts of addons.

Would it be an idea to create a new board where users could do the same with suggestions for useful plugins, or perhaps skins, language files, etc.?
Especially in this 'era of coding', there must be creative and talented coders that would be interested in picking up the challenge of creating a possibly popular plugin for MusicBee?

The Coders Challenge Wishlist?

Luk

It's been four years, friend. You could have learned to code and made one by now. 

OK, maybe I will.