Author Topic: I am lost with the current version  (Read 3486 times)

Sash

I have been using for many years now and it has been the most intuitive and easy to use player. In short I love the player. Its the best one around and Steven constantly changes stuff and makes it even better.

Yesterday I did the update to the current version and I am having difficutlies. All the easy handling of the past seem to have disappeared.

Up to now I could edit or find options with a left click on the element. That has changed.

Next to left menu (librabry) a new menu appears called "folders " which I cannot edit. I don't find this useful but it's taking up space that I would like to use for the tracks and I would like to deactivate it. However it has no option to hide or edit it.

I tried to create new playlists but again there are no options to edit it. I choose the Playlist mixer and added "genre" is not "tuts" which represents maby 25% of
my music files and the remaining 75% show up as ONE track. Hence I have tried all settings within the playlist edit more but with all of them but the playlist only contains one track.
I don't understand the concept of the  new version and I am also a bit sad that the working model based on usability has been negelected.
Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 12:31:49 PM by Sash

hiccup

What version were you using before? Must be a very old one?

The way you phrase your post, and the fact that you chose the 'General Discussion' board to me signals you mainly wanted to ventilate and share some frustration.
Which is perfectly fine and understandable of course.

If you are interested in using and learning the current version, it would be good to isolate the separate challenges, and do a search for answers for each of them.
If you can't find answers, you can always ask on the Questions board.

Else it's probably better to return to the old version?

Sash

Hi Hiccup,

thanks for the helpful feedback. Good idea, I will reinstall the older version.  :-*

Kind regards,
Sasha

hiccup

Ok.
Maybe keep a portable version of 3.4 at hand, and once in a while give it a shot when you are in the mood for a little challenge?
There have been countless improvements over the years. I think it would be a good idea to jump ship at some point…

Sash

Hi,

wow, you really are very helpful. Thanks for your time taken.

Your analysis is right, I don't have the time right now. But...I stay with this version and try to find my way around it bit by bit.

Have a good weekend!

Rgds
Sasha

hiccup

Great. I'm pretty sure you won't regret it.

With every single minor or major update that I can remember, functionality of MusicBee only has been extended and/or improved.
For as far as I know, no functionality has ever been lost.

(With the only exceptions when a feature was depending on external sources that stopped their services, or changed it so they became useless, or a pita to maintain)
Not mentioning any type of arrogant fruit here.
Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 04:58:30 PM by hiccup