Author Topic: Custom Tag When Sync Is Performed  (Read 3400 times)

JRTinz

• Sleezy Low Life Biker Trash
G'day all:

What I am trying to do is synchronize a music playlist to my phone, while NOT repeating music I have previously synced to my phone.  At least, not for a long time! 

I do not use Play Count because I mostly listen to music by album at home, and prefer a random selection when on the go.  So I have modified a Custom Tag to read as "Sync Count".  After I sync my phone, I select all (Cntrl-A) in the playlist, and enter a value for Sync Count.

The playlist properties are: limit to 12GB, randomly selected, and a null-value Sync Count.

This works, but it's dependent on me updating my play list when I'm done synchronizing my phone.  I can't to it prior to sync, because as soon as I edit the playlist, it is repopulated.  I would just like to get away from manually updating a tag since I am not as reliable as my computer!

Any suggestions better than this?  Is this a "feature request"... adding "Sync Count" as a tag?  Maybe date format or incremental like Play Count?  I thought of requesting "incremental" as a Custom Tag option... But incremental to what/when?

Thoughts welcome!

-jrt