Author Topic: Saving renumbered tracks  (Read 977 times)

srosvold

Newbie, so be gentle.

I have a folder full of FLAC tracks. I loaded them on MB, went to tools, renumber. My question is: how do I save the renumbered tracks to the original folder?

Thanks in advance!

frankz

"Save them" in what way?  Do you mean you want to rename them?  When you renumber tracks, the new track number tag is automatically saved.

srosvold

I want to renumber the tracks in a folder on my desktop using MB. I did that using the tools>renumber. The tracks are now supposedly renumbered. Now I want to save the renumbered tracks in the original folder on my desktop.

hiccup

As frankz already told you, when you change the tracknumbers, the files are immediately saved with this updated metadata.
Do you have any reason to think they are not?

srosvold

Where are they saved? I want to save them to the original folder on my desktop. How do I do that?

frankz

You keep saying "save the renumbered tracks" when the files are already saved.  

What it sounds like you want to do is rename them, which I said above, which you did not acknowledge in any way as being either correct or incorrect.

Just in case this is actually what you want to do...

Select the files
Right Click->Send To->Folder (Move)->Move Files To Organized Folder
Uncheck the "To Folder" box
Use <Disc-Track#> - <Title>  (or <Disc-Track#> - <Album Artist> - <Title> or whatever your preference is) in the naming template
Verify in the preview that the files will be renamed as you specified. If there's just a file name and not folders in the "New Filename" column, they will be saved to the same folder where they started.
Click Reorganize
Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 07:33:15 PM by frankz

srosvold

no, I did not want to rename them. I wanted them renumbered only, as I said. Thank you for the instructions.

hiccup

I wanted them renumbered only, as I said.
But you accomplished that already when starting this thread.

The fact that you are only mentioning some 'original folder', and give no insights whatsoever that you maybe also are using 'non-original' folders? makes this thread and your question very hard to understand.