Author Topic: tracks not in order, won't add new changed name tracks  (Read 5818 times)

astro46

Just because there are STANDARDS for metadata in different formats doesn't insure that the standards are followed completely in every software.  Municipalities have laws about almost everything, but rarely enforce all the laws  or apply them equally to everyone.   There are standards for bluetooth.  That didn't ensure that my Plantronics bluetooth headset works completely with my iphone. As the Plantronics engineer explained "Apple doesn't follow all the standards.  They have their own way of doing things". 

In a discussion with the developer of a different music management software, I learned that metadata is a bit of an issue, between formats and between software.  Everyone doesn't handle it the same way.

No need to reply to me.  I will not be back at this thread.  Perhaps not back to this forum at all.   The level of vitriol, hostility,  insult, and lack of clarifying explanations to people asking for help is stunning.

My sincere apologies to the tagging gods for having offended them.

frankz

I wasn't talking to you.  The way I addressed my post should have made that clear.

hiccup

The level of vitriol, hostility,  insult, and lack of clarifying explanations to people asking for help is stunning.
You are even more confused than I already thought you were if you think you speak for 'people'.

You (person) ignored seven experienced MusicBee users making an effort to help you to get to understand why you keep running into problems.
(you started no less then three different threads in a short while about your issues)
All these members tried to explain to you that a digital music manager such as MusicBee (and iTunes, Winamp, MediaMonkey, etc. etc.) functions mainly, and heavily depend on using tags/metadata. It's nothing new, and has been the case for almost 25 years now.

'people' here usually appreciate the very fast replies and helpful support they get from other forum members.

My sincere apologies to the tagging gods for having offended them.
The image of a neanderthal looking at other people that know how to make a fire, thinking they must be gods comes to mind.
We are not gods. We just know a little trick that you don't, and you are not willing to learn it.

I will not be back at this thread.  Perhaps not back to this forum at all.
Is that a threat or a promise?
(guess what I hope it is?)