Author Topic: Library lost the "Date Added" field, "Date Modified" as well  (Read 777 times)

alphabrackets

I have a huge library.  There was some hardware glitch that caused the hard disk to be disconnected, and it messed up my MusicBee Library.
I finally got the tracks restored, but I lost all of my "Date Added" information, so it now just basically shows the date and time it was restored.

On the file system, the date stamps are as they should be.  I really would like to have the dates restored, even if they could just use the date of the file on the file system.

Is there anything that can be done, is MusicBee's "Date Added" not recoverable?   How about displaying the filesystem date?
Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 04:28:31 AM by alphabrackets

frankz

I have a huge library.  There was some hardware glitch that caused the hard disk to be disconnected, and it messed up my MusicBee Library.
What?
I finally got the tracks restored, but I lost all of my "Date Added" information, so it now just basically shows the date and time it was restored.
"Restored" how?  Did they move on the disc?  Or do you just mean that you reimported them into MB?

On the file system, the date stamps are as they should be.  I really would like to have the dates restored, even if they could just use the date of the file on the file system.

Is there anything that can be done, is MusicBee's "Date Added" not recoverable?   How about displaying the filesystem date?
You would need your MBL (MusicBee Library) file from before the hard disc was "disconnected" (not sure why a drive being disconnected and reconnected would destroy your library, but that's another conversation).
If you have that file and the file locations haven't changed, then it's just a matter of opening that file in MB (File->Library->Open Library or, if it's not listed there, File->Library->Create New Library...or choose an existing library etc) and MB will recognize everything as is.
If you have that file but the file locations have changed, then how much you changed the locations determines whether it's possible or impossible or possible but very complicated.
If you do not have that file, then there may be something you can do with the Additional Tagging Tools plugin to copy Date Modified to Date Added, but I'm not sure.