Author Topic: Tags Identifier help Please  (Read 2027 times)

Tan

I have about 900 odd tracks that when moved from itunes the tags disappeared. All I have is the title. I tried to use identify track and update tags under tools, but it asks for fpcalc.exe, can someone please guide me here to get these tracks tagged? oh yes, most of these tracks are WAV.

hiccup

I tried to use identify track and update tags under tools, but it asks for fpcalc.exe, can someone please guide me here to get these tracks tagged?

Tan

I have tried the search bar it just shows your response hiccup. It doesnt lead me to an add-ons page or anything where I can d/load it. Please help!

sveakul

The thread is here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=28838.0

Download the latest version of fpcalc.exe (1.5.0) here: https://github.com/acoustid/chromaprint/releases/download/v1.5.0/chromaprint-fpcalc-1.5.0-windows-i686.zip

From the zip, extract just the file "fpcalc.exe" from inside the zipped folder into your main "MusicBee" folder.

Tan

Thanks for that. I did as you said placing fpcalc.exe in root folder musicbee where the exe file is.  I chose 1 track that needed tags, chose identify track and update tags. I kept it simple just having artist, title, album, year, genre and track. I clicked proceed and it said failed to identify or no match for artist. Its weird because I chose a cat stevens track that I knew and it didnt even come up with the artist. Any ideas anyone?

frankz

fpcalc doesn't look at the tags.  It calculates the sound signature (fingerprint - fp) of the song and matches it to an entry in the MusicBrainz database.

If the release and track exist at musicbrainz.org then something else is wrong.  If this is the case, is there anything from that time under Help->Support->View Error Log?

If it's some obscure release or live version that's not on an official album, then it may just be that there's no fingerprint for it in that database.