Author Topic: Now Playing Issue  (Read 994 times)

chalkey147

Hi
I've been having an issue recently which I haven't been able to resolve with any of the Preferences options.
So I'm playing an album (lets call it Album 1), and Album 1 and its tracks appear in the Now Playing screen as expected.
While I'm listening to Album 1, I may want to update some info on other albums held in my Music Bee database for example, update artwork, tags etc. but not actually listen to it now (lets call this one Album 2).  Doing these updates require me to click on Album 2 within Music Bee. But this causes Album 2 to automatically start playing and appear in Now Playing, as soon as the current track playing from Album 1 has ended. It's like MusicBee assumes that by just clicking Album 2 that I want to listen to it next.
I've tried changing some settings but none seem to stop the issue. I'd appreciate if anyone has any ideas on this....
Many thanks

frankz

Single clicking an album shouldn't start the album playing.

You can adjust what happens when you double-click albums in Edit->Edit Preferences->Now Playing...playing tracks list.

In Albums View and Artists View, there is an option to "Show 'Click to Play' button when mouse is over a picture.  This may be what's happening (if you're in Albums View or Artists View, which you didn't specify).  You can turn this off in "Customize Panel."

chalkey147

Hi
Thanks for your response. I use the Artist view (Grouped by 'Sort Album Artist') and have tried the suggestion below to no avail.
I should clarify, that Album 2 in my example below doesn't start playing straight away. It suddenly pops in to the Now Playing list as soon as the current track playing from Album 1 is finished, and then it starts playing......

frankz

You can adjust what happens when you double-click albums in Edit->Edit Preferences->Now Playing...playing tracks list.
Single clicking an album or artist won't queue it and won't start it playing with any setting as far as I know.  You don't need to double click an album to edit the tags. Therefore, I have no idea what you're doing to cause this and cannot offer further advice.
Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 07:06:30 PM by frankz