Author Topic: Forever unable to access subscriptions.dat (podcasts)  (Read 1185 times)

savingtheworld

Having finally populated my MB podcast shows list (more than 1000 shows), I closed MB and was going to open it and backup everything.

Instead, I got the message that
Podcast updates are locked until the next MB restart - unable to access subscriptions.dat

This subscriptions.dat is 70MB large, and takes more than 12 hours for MB to import (that's another annoying thing I can't quite figure out, but that's another matter).

Is there any way of recovering my subscriptions? I literally have a subscriptions.dat from another run hanging around, pasted it into the folder of the library of interest, and nothing is happening.

If I tried to ask for updates to subscriptions this error mesage comes up
Code
MusicBee v3.4.7764.37422P  (Win10.0), 6 May 2021 23:30:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=z1v6HwQ___W9fot3mUPBSD6cwyKsC.#=zxiGRFaFOGvGcFIrbyw==.#=zHBgv5FU=()
   at #=z1v6HwQ___W9fot3mUPBSD6cwyKsC.#=zxiGRFaFOGvGcFIrbyw==.#=zLxF5cBkoJO1V(IList`1 #=zO609_$Q=, TagCode #=zcqqWz3k=)
   at #=z1v6HwQ___W9fot3mUPBSD6cwyKsC.#=zLxF5cBkoJO1V(IList`1 #=zO609_$Q=, TagCode #=zcqqWz3k=, Boolean #=zLj9cBNQb1vDc)
   at #=z1v6HwQ___W9fot3mUPBSD6cwyKsC.#=zad6rLdU=(ApplicationCommand #=zXlo3vTk=, Object #=z46QPSpU=, #=zq6NWNemGKQIaa6EjwRusDx8= #=zO609_$Q=)
   at #=zSl3nx0ysuCOud6pBLQbkG83fN5Ji.#=z8HTLpNI=.#=zOKD_7mM=(ApplicationCommand #=zXlo3vTk=, Object #=z46QPSpU=, IList`1 #=zO609_$Q=)
   at #=z91BnV_J$yVShjfWflQwofAw=.OnClick(EventArgs #=zp6b9u0U=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
It means the subscriptions.dat file is not accessible

In MusicBeeLibrarySettings.ini (located in the root music folder)
look for "OrganisationPodcastsFolderPath"
if its not there MB will look in the Podcasts sub-folder of the root music folder. Otherwise correct the path to the actual folder the subscriptions.dat file is located