Poll

Any girls enjoying MusicBee?

Don't ask me, not one of them.
17 (73.9%)
Here is one.
6 (26.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Any girls enjoying MusicBee?  (Read 13022 times)

hiccup

I am honestly curious:
Somehow I have the conception that all MusicBee users and forum members are male.
Am I correct?

And a plea to any jesting forum members, please vote in honest.
I am honestly interested, and hope to get sincere input on this.

frankz

While the enjoyment of music is universal, I think the act of collecting and managing a music library is a pretty male oriented hobby.  There have been some posters who I thought were female either by way of their user name or for other reasons.

I find this hard to believe, though.

Andreia

• Photographer by day, derp gamer by night.
I've actually just joined music bee today, I've read about it before and today I was just tired of how bad the default windows player (Grove) is. I have a ton of music that I'd like to manage as easily as I manage Spotify, so I'll give this a go and come back to you on that one.  :-X

I think you're right about music management being male oriented, but I've had girl friends that are just as anal as me about tagging music correctly, there's nothing worse than music tracks without tags, drives me up the wall. But then again I'm stupid organised and a bit OCD (which is helpful as a photographer with thousands upon thousands of shots and processes to go through) about my digital life, so I might be an exception.

I'll be working from home today just listening to my music, so I'll let you know how Music Bee feels to me.  :)
Photographer by day, derp gamer by night.

hiccup

so I'll let you know how Music Bee feels to me.  :)
Great, and welcome to the forum Andreia!
And do share any feedback? New users can have a fresh perspective on things.

frankz

While the enjoyment of music is universal, I think the act of collecting and managing a music library is a pretty male oriented hobby.
I think you're right about music management being male oriented, but I've had girl friends that are just as anal as me about tagging music correctly, there's nothing worse than music tracks without tags, drives me up the wall. But then again I'm stupid organised and a bit OCD (which is helpful as a photographer with thousands upon thousands of shots and processes to go through) about my digital life, so I might be an exception.
That was a very tactful way of letting me know that my perception may not fit with reality.  ::)  Welcome to the forum.

Andreia

• Photographer by day, derp gamer by night.
My feedback reply got moved here as a new thread, weird, but ok.
Photographer by day, derp gamer by night.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You asked good questions, but they had drifted off topic for this thread so I moved them to where more people would be likely to find them either to respond or for their own reference. That's all.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Corliss Rain

My obsession with music was just one of the things that told me I wasn't like the other girls.  ;D  

Case in point, it's 1982, I'm 14 and Fleetwood Mac's "Mirage" has just dropped. I'm in an after-school club meeting and "Gypsy" comes on the radio.
Cheerleader chick: Oh cool, Stevie Nicks!
Me: Well, technically, it's Stevie's band, Fleetwood Mac.
Cheerleader chick: Stevie joined a band?!?
I proceeded to school her on the entire history of Fleetwood Mac back to Peter Green in 1967 (a year before I was born).

So, yeah, crazy music-obsessed middle-aged chick up in here.

hiccup

And with a knack for digital technology.
Nice.

Corliss Rain

And with a knack for digital technology.
Nice.

Except for making skins, which appears to be beyond my patience level. And I'm greatly disappointed in myself over it.

hiccup

Except for making skins, which appears to be beyond my patience level. And I'm greatly disappointed in myself over it.
I'm sure you would get some support if you want to learn it.
But mastering patience (or simply having the time for it) is on you ;-)

musicbee4dwd

I've actually just joined music bee today, I've read about it before and today I was just tired of how bad the default windows player (Grove) is. I have a ton of music that I'd like to manage as easily as I manage Spotify, so I'll give this a go and come back to you on that one.  :-X

I'll be working from home today just listening to my music, so I'll let you know how Music Bee feels to me.  :)

It will feel overwhelming, and suddenly, you will look up and wonder where your entire weekend went--lol.

Lyss

Hi, female MusicBee user here! I've been using MusicBee for a long time now, but decided to create a forum account today.

I like to be as organized as possible, so MB is perfect for me, even though I don't have a particularly large library. I spent about a week tinkering with it until I achieved something I'm satisfied with, and I absolutely love it! I use MB for audiobooks and music, so I really appreciate having custom tags that keep my audiobooks organized the way I want.

As to whether or not music collecting is male oriented, I haven't really seen that myself, but it largely depends on the people you're surrounded by, doesn't it? Personally, I just like being organized and can't tolerate having untagged music, and I know quite a few people, both men and women, who feel the same way.

hiccup

Welcome to the forum, organised music lover ;-)

Lyss

Welcome to the forum, organised music lover ;-)

Heh, thanks! Also, many thanks for maintaining the sample skin. I probably wouldn't have gotten very far with my attempts at making my own skins without it.