Author Topic: Duplicate/Replicate MusicBee Library  (Read 794 times)

whatthephunk

Anyone know how to 100% replicate a MusicBee library on a different machine? The current library machine is Win10 and so is the different machine.
I have a backup software on the original library machine that copies the MusicBee Program Files (for skins, plugins, etc), the Local and Roaming folders of MusicBee AppData, the MusicBee Library folder containing playlists and settings, and the actual music media files.
I've had near success in the past (no screenshots until I try again), but all my Virtual Tags and some other settings/views did not import correctly. Did I just miss saving something somewhere? Are there some settings or custom views that will not be saved by MusicBee? Will I have to recreate all Virtual Tags on the new machine? The current library is still intact and 100% functional so I can re-save or copy anything based on advice here. Cheers!

phred

• Global Moderator
You don't say what version of MB you're using, but if you're using the portable version all you have to do is copy the MB directory to a flash or portable drive and then copy it to the new machine. Done.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

The Incredible Boom Boom

btw how can i export all my MusicBee settings so i don't lose anything in case reinstalation needed

Menu -> Edit -> Settings -> Save Settings Snapshot...

Menu -> View -> Import/Export -> Export Panel Arrangement

If you use custom views
Click on the panel icon next to the search bar -> Main Panel -> Custom Views -> Copy Current View Settings...
If you use custom layouts
Right-click on the panel tab -> Use Custom Layout -> Copy Current Layout To...

Finally
Menu -> File -> Library -> Backup Library

That all should give you a complete backup of your MB system.

whatthephunk

I am on the latest version of MB.
Thanks for that step by step! I definitely missed one or two of these exports/saves. Would love for a master 1-click to save/export/backup everything. And would zip it too! Wouldn’t that be something! :D

I’ll shall try this library clone again one day.