Author Topic: Fast change or Preview Skins  (Read 5026 times)

zzh1989829

now changing skins must restart MB. and there no way to preview it.
with so much options of skins, it'll take a lot of time to pick a favorite one.
is there any thing can be done ? like a way of previewing or changing withouth restart ? :)

Steven

• Administrator
unfortunately i didnt design MB from the start with this or font changing in mind. I think it would be quite an effort to do this and I'm doubtful it would be done for the medium term.

Adson

Maybe it would be possible to show a static preview image that could be part of each skin file?

So the skin designers could add this preview to their skins and the user could see how the skin looks like when browsing through the list of installed skins.

A.

Apocalypse

Hi everyone, first i have to say that this program is the best music player that I found so far. So many good things on it. Congratulations to the developer.
I have something that disturbed me too. Is this restart during the change of skin on the program.
But Steven said that is quite impossible to change this in a short time, Adson suggestion is a good choice, but I am not sure if this is easy thing to do, since I am not the developer.
But I like to suggest, since none of this options it is possible, at least do a page on the website showing a print of all the skins for the users choose without having to take alot o time to pick one.

ps: I am sorry for my english, I'm learning yet.

Thanks.

phred

• Global Moderator
The entire website and forum is currently being redesigned.  You will be able to see skin previews from the new website.  In the meantime, you can see previews by viewing them on the Wiki - http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Skins - just scroll down a little until you get to "All Skins by Author"

Also of note is that many of the skins on the Wiki have not (yet) been updated for version 3.  And some of the skin developers that -have- updated their skins to v3 may not have updated their Wiki section.  I suggest that if you find a skin on the Wiki you like, go back to the forum skins section and look for the latest version there.
Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 11:10:15 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here