Author Topic: Navigating left to right through albums using arrow keys  (Read 583 times)

chalkey147

Hi
New user here with a question - apologies if this is answered elsewhere but I couldn't find anything.

I have my main MUSIC screen panel sorted by Album Artist. When I click on an artist all their albums appear in the band directly below which is fine.
However, I'd like to be able to navigate through these albums one at a time, using the left and right arrow keyboard buttons instead of having to click on each one. The < and > button on Music Bee only appears to navigate in batches of 5 or 6 albums rather than one album at a time.
Hopefully I'm making sense with my question. Any help or tips would be appreciated. Many thanks

frankz

A screenshot would help here.

If I set my main panel to Albums view (tracks are set to show beneath the albums if that matters), the left/right/up/down arrows navigate album by album. 

You may want to look in Edit->Edit Preferences->Hotkeys to see if setting something there helps but I really can't visualize what you're describing.

chalkey147

Hi
Thanks for your reply - I've attached a view of what I mean. So in the snip, I've selected the artist Tears For Fears and below the main artist thumbnail is a row of albums by that artist. I can click each album individually and see the relevant tracks in each one, but I'd hoped to be able to horizontally scroll through the albums one by one, left to right and vice versa, without having to use the mouse click on each one individually. I was hoping to use my arrow left and right buttons for this. I've tried to set up hot keys but cant seem to get it work the way I want. Also, when I use the < and > buttons (just above the 'Ready Boys & Girls' album in the sample snip) it does navigate through the albums but in batches of 7 or 8 rather than one by one. Thanks

frankz

Yes, it seems that when you have "directly under the selected artist" set for "show tracks for the selected album or artist," when you navigate to an album a track gets selected and you cannot navigate further through the albums/artists with the keyboard arrow keys.

I have "at the bottom of the main panel" selected there, and I can.

If it's intended to work that way, sounds like a wish list item.

You could always set "at the bottom of the main panel" there and get this functionality now too.