Author Topic: [Not a bug] One album Missing 1st CD tracks in artists view  (Read 1930 times)

MeeMeeMee

This is a bit odd. I think it's a bug, not some tag mishap (I checked with MusicBrainz Picard), but in case I got it wrong, please move it to the question sub forum or wherever you think it'll be more appropriate.
I listened to Steven Wilson's Hand. Cannot. Erase. (wonderful album, btw) when I realized I haven't listened to Porcupine Tree in a while. So I went to add In Absentia to the playlist and this is how it looked, the 1st CD was missing:

It's missing just in this view, if I switch to the Albums Cover view, all the tracks are there:

Switching back to Artists view, If I search for one of the missing track titles, say Prodigal (I have the Search Results -> Always Show the Entire Album checked) it does show up correctly. It shows up correctly also when I search one of the 2nd CD tracks, like chloroform.

I tried removing all the custom virtual tags for sub headers and grouping but that didn't make any difference (the screenshots, above, were taken after I returned my custom virtual tags back on). Under Sorting/Grouping, an album is defined by Album Artist and Album Name.
For some reason, it's just this one album that I know of that has a CD missing when using the Artists view.
Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 08:30:02 AM by MeeMeeMee
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

frankz

You're in your inbox.  Is the rest of the album in your music library (i.e. not the Inbox)?

MeeMeeMee

Nope the entire album is in the inbox. I double-checked and went over all the other nodes.
And, as you can see, if I just switch the view, it is shown in its entirety. also, I should've added the the search is limited to Local Node Only.

Edit: Just to be on the safe side, I dragged all the album tracks to the inbox and still they're not visible in the artists view.
Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 05:39:36 PM by MeeMeeMee
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Steven

• Administrator
The albums displayed in the artist view are sorted by date, so do the tracks on disc 1 have the year set to 2003 ?

MeeMeeMee

The albums displayed in the artist view are sorted by date, so do the tracks on disc 1 have the year set to 2003 ?
OMG, Steven, you're a genius. Fuck me, how have I missed that.
Sorry, everyone, for wasting your time.