Author Topic: Merge Multiple Artist Entries  (Read 1451 times)

Marok

Is it possible to have MusicBee combine artists by the artist tag? For example, say you have a song by Artist1 and another song by Artist1 & Artist2. I'd like every song that Artist1 has contributed to to show up under one entry. I have a tab that's using the Artists view and there's a lot of this:

So preferably all of those songs that have Aero Chord as an artist would show up under Aero Chord only. Obviously another consequence of this is the same song will show up multiple times under different artists (assuming a song has more than one artist), which is fine with me.

To get a better idea of what I'm talking about, Dopamine Music Player sorts artists this way. However, you have to change your artist tag from Artist1 & Artist2 -> Artist1; Artist2
I've already made all of my music's artist tag have each artist separated by a semicolon.

Anyway, point being, this is the example from Dopamine. This song called Break Them is by Aero Chord and Anna Yvette:

And then as you can see the same Album/Song shows up under the other artist:

ma_t14

It should already be doing that if your view is groupped by artist and you have the artist tags separated by semicolons.

Does it not for you? What view are you using?

Marok

I'm using the Artist view and "Group By" is set to artist.

ma_t14

Without more information it's hard to tell what's wrong. Screenshots of how the tracks are tagged and of the artist view would help.

Marok

Sorry, hopefully this makes it more clear:

They're all tagged like this: