Author Topic: Musicbee won't play certain MP4 files for no apparent reason  (Read 1914 times)

andbr01

I have several MP4 files, that Musicbee won't play, even though it will play some other MP4 files. those files are not broken, since i can play them in VLC, for instance. Is there a way to fix this? I'm using vrsion 3.3, but i'm not sure about updating to 3.4, if that would help, since i don't want to lose my current settings.

phred

• Global Moderator
I don't know if it will help or not, but updating to the latest 3.4 patch will not change any settings if you apply the patch correctly. See my signature.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

andbr01

Thanks, the update has worked, although i skipped replacing a few files. However, the issues persist, being not able to play some files.

phred

• Global Moderator
Which files did you not replace?
And more importantly, why?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

andbr01

Hi, sorry, but it is not important anymore, since i am giving up on using Musicbee. One more question though, how can i export the playlists? It is ridiculous, but i can't find any way to export the playlists. Since Musicbee doesn't play alle music files, and i can't even find  away to export playlists, which should by design very easy on any decent music player, i am done with that program.

I just can't believe, that there is no export function, and also no hint in the whole internet.  Musicbee needs some serious update regarding the usability. But i have used it for quite a time, so it's not a really bad program. I won't uninstall it, either. But i need to keep things simple here. Thanks for all your help.

ps. what i expect is to have some menu item or right click in a playlist "export playlist", which would be the most natural way.  :(

frankz

ps. what i expect is to have some menu item or right click in a playlist "export playlist", which would be the most natural way.  :(
Do you mean like this?

Hi, sorry, but it is not important anymore, since i am giving up on using Musicbee.
Bye.

sveakul

Adding emphasis to frankz's post:

Even uses right-click :) .  If you upload one of the mp4 files that doesn't play somewhere, we could take a look at it and see what the problem is.

andbr01

Thanks guys. But honestly, that menu item is missing from my menu. There is "List", and the next menu items are "Edit", "Paste Artwork", "Rating", etc. I also have tried to use a different skin, but the menu remains the same. Maybe i will do a clean reinstall, to see, if i get that original menu back. I also wanted to make a screenshot, but as soon as i'm pushing the shortcut, the menu will close, so i couldn't show it to you.

phred

• Global Moderator
What do you see when you right-click on a playlist?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sveakul

Thanks guys. But honestly, that menu item is missing from my menu. There is "List", and the next menu items are "Edit", "Paste Artwork", "Rating", etc.

It sounds like you're right-clicking on the track listing, not on the actual playlist name in the Left Sidebar.  Hit the square button to the left of the Search box in the upper right corner, and choose Left Sidebar->Show Panel.  Then your Playlists should all be shown by name under the "Playlists" column.  That's where you should be right-clicking--on one of the Playlist names you wish to export.  If you don't see a "Playlists" column, go into Preferences, Layout (1), "left sidebar", and be sure that "Playlists" are checked in Show Navigation Tabs.
Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 10:14:42 PM by sveakul

andbr01

Hi sveakul, that was it. Well hidden. Thank you, now i can export my playlists.