Author Topic: Validation failed after attempting to save the file - the changes have not been  (Read 9937 times)

Tsais

I keep getting this message when I try to adjust tags.

Validation failed after attempting to save the file - the changes have not been saved
                                              <Retry>    <Cancel>

After I hit cancel, the change I made does show as if it saved anyway...

I made sure none of the files in that folder are read-only, but its still the same.

What is the program validating?

Steven

• Administrator
i expect its a .m4a file and think you will find only the musicbee cache has been updated.
if you look at the file tags using the Tag Inspector (opened from a button on the Tag Editor window), you will likely see what you changed has not updated ie. its still the original untouched file.
The reason it failed is because the BASS audio library couldnt open the file after saving. Its a check to make sure MB hasnt corrupted the tags but it could also mean the file was unplayable by BASS in the first place.
Could you upload the file somewhere (eg. mediafire.com) and PM me the link so i can see

Tsais

they are aac files, created from FLV files by the "Format Factory" software...

They are playing back fine in MusicBee, been playing them all afternoon, just can't seem to alter the tags.

If they play, does that mean BASS can read them?

I had this thought when I failed to be able to get the Neroaacenc.exe from Nero's site earlier, cause they claim to have some permanent overload condition. (I think they just had too many people downloading it and got irked)

So, I was thinking if things could be simplified by detecting and using the iTunes codecs / encoders, if iTunes happens to be installed?

I'll upload one, when I figure out mediafire after dinner,  thanks for your help  :D
Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 07:33:56 PM by Tsais

Steven

• Administrator
i never got the links, but one thing occured to me. Are you using 1.2.4153?
I did make a fix very recently for updating video files so that maybe that will address this issue as well

jamburglar

I'm having this same issue with three of my .m4a files. Using MB 2.0.4663. Any help would be much appreciated!

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
as mentioned the files are already corrupted but i can see one of them loads in mp3Tag and foobar (the other 2 not), while all of them load in WMP and windows explorer.
I have put in handling so it will now load all 3 (but trust me, the files have corrupted header info so if you have the CD best to re-rip them).
I will make a new 2.1 version available on the weekend

jamburglar

as mentioned the files are already corrupted but i can see one of them loads in mp3Tag and foobar (the other 2 not), while all of them load in WMP and windows explorer.
I have put in handling so it will now load all 3 (but trust me, the files have corrupted header info so if you have the CD best to re-rip them).
I will make a new 2.1 version available on the weekend

Awesome, thank you for your help.

Tangentially related: When I tag an album with multiple genres in MB, only the first genre listed shows up in Windows Explorer, and in iTunes. (It seems to be showing up properly in MediaMonkey, though.) Any idea why? This has been bugging me!

dazzzzza

Did anyone ever get a resolution to this problem?  I'm getting the same message. What do I do? What does it mean? What is it validating? Can I fix it?

I started using musicbee recently because people say it's the only thing that's really compatible with Windows Phone Xbox music. It's true that xbox music can't see the tags on my music files, and lists everything as "unknown". 1462 tracks in musicbee are also blank, suggesting that musicbee uses the same format or configuration as xbox. Another tagging software - mp3tag - says the tags are there. But how do I update the tags, then? It's all very confusing!!

Steven

• Administrator
can you zip and upload the file somewhere eg. mediafire.com and then PM me the link to the file so i can see myself

dazzzzza

Hi Steve - in fact I've just found another post on the same subject in which you yourself give some good advice:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=13005.0

I have a suspicion that all the files in question are aac files. I didn't know they can't hold tag info. I'll try converting a bunch and see what happens, but this seems a very likely explanation!

If not, I'll be back..!

So thanks for your help from the other post! :)

(ps - Musicbee seems so far to be fantastic!)