Author Topic: GUI layout-problem when restoring from Compact Player  (Read 1118 times)

leifel

Using latest version 3.4... but this error has been there as long as I can remember (at least v3.3 and probably before that too).
I have selected the "Minimize to: Compact Player" in the General-tab of the Preferences.
Something like 60% of the times I restore the Compact Player by click on its maximize button I get a Main Window which content is totally scrambled.
I must then maximize and restore the Main Window to get its content back into normal.
Any chance of getting this fixed soon?

Here is an example of my Compact Player mode:
http://www.raverian.com/album/2021-04-13%2014-57-27%20FastStone.png

Sample of scrambled view after maximized the above Compact Player:
http://www.raverian.com/album/2021-04-13%2015-04-26%20FastStone.png

And here is how it looks when fixed by Maximize-then-Restore the Main Window:
http://www.raverian.com/album/2021-04-13%2015-05-50%20FastStone.png
Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 04:30:01 AM by psychoadept

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Sorry, I don't have a solution to your problem, but I made your screenshot links show up. Something is very odd with those URLs, I couldn't get them to work as embedded images even after replacing the spaces (which I also had to do to make them work as links).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
could you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings) as i am not able to reproduce this behavior

Steven

• Administrator
Thanks for sending the file. Unfortunately i am still unable to reproduce this and dont think i will be able to help further

leifel

I see, but could you please add in a forced full re-layout of all GUI-components asynchronously after Main Window has been restored from the Compact Player? Since the layout is back to normal when I maximize & restore the Main Window manually I think that could solve it, at least as an experimental attempt to fix this bug which hassles me a lot?

You could also put such code in a wrap so it executes only if some experimental command line argument or environment variable is explicitly set by me, just to make sure the code does not break anything else.

Just to let you know, my display is a large 4K monitor with 3840x2160 pixels, running it with 150% scaling on latest version of Windows 10. Maybe it has something to do with the bug.

Anyway, thank you for a fantastic product. MusicBee is the best music player and management app I have ever come across and I will continue to use it happily even if this specific bug isn't fixed by now. :-)

leifel

I can also add information that if I instead of maximize & restore the Main Window just adjust its size with a tiny pixel then everything is laid out correctly.