Author Topic: icon overrides · slidebar · love icon · spectrum visualiser · searchbar  (Read 7522 times)

hiccup

flaws:

1. When no library panel icons are supplied with a skin, IconColourOverride.Default doesn't affect OpticalDriveIcon.
2. IconColourOverride.Default blanks the Songkick image in the upcoming concerts panel.
3. Controls.SliderBar.Disabled  does not work on the sliderbar in the auto-dj panel (selection mode)
4a. In Panels Configuration, you can drag the Sidebar Player element to the Top and Bottom Panel.
    That won't get applied though, so these positions should probably not be allowed to drag to in the first place.
4b. You can also drag to it the Floating Panel, but I am guessing that's not intended, since it's a bit weird as a floating panel.
5. When a certain amount of elements is dragged to the left side of the Panels Configuration panel the Save/Close buttons become unavailable.

6. Some text in the Playing Tracks panel when using Album and Tracks has an extremely low contrast.
    (using <element id="ContrastBoost" doesn't improve it either)

requests:

7. When no love icons are supplied with a skin, a hard coded reddish love icon is used. A colour override for it would be nice.
8. When the player is stopped, Player.SpectrumVisualiser displays all the bars, taking (mainly) the colour of fg2.
    That looks ugly and a bit convulted when fg2 has a higher contrast value.
    Either having it using bg instead, or having a dedicated element would be nice.
9. The searchbar in the now playing panel takes its background from  Controls.InputControl.Default
    It might be better if it used Panel.SearchBox.NotActivated
10. In a skin xml file, you can add comments by using  <!-- … -->
    It will work in the <colours and <settings trees, but if you do it in the <variables tree it breaks the skin.
    If possible it would be nice if comments could be added there too.
Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 09:05:53 PM by hiccup

hiccup

Steven

• Administrator
1. When no library panel icons are supplied with a skin, IconColourOverride.Default doesn't affect OpticalDriveIcon.
the recolouring algorithm is very primitive and doesnt work well with the default icons. However if you have the slim icons setting enabled, the next version will apply the colour

2. IconColourOverride.Default blanks the Songkick image in the upcoming concerts panel.
similar to above and same implementation for next version

3. Controls.SliderBar.Disabled  does not work on the sliderbar in the auto-dj panel (selection mode)
thats fixed for the next update

4a. In Panels Configuration, you can drag the Sidebar Player element to the Top and Bottom Panel.
    That won't get applied though, so these positions should probably not be allowed to drag to in the first place.
4b. You can also drag to it the Floating Panel, but I am guessing that's not intended, since it's a bit weird as a floating panel.
4a is addressed and 4b might seem weird to some but is supported

5. When a certain amount of elements is dragged to the left side of the Panels Configuration panel the Save/Close buttons become unavailable.
i cant reproduce this and no idea how it would happen and i will leave unsolved. In your screenshot the left panel should already have a scrollbar

still looking at the others
Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 09:28:03 AM by Steven

hiccup

i cant reproduce this and no idea how it would happen and i will leave unsolved. In your screenshot the left panel should already have a scrollbar
I tried it again today, and now it's working fine. Must have been some temporary Windows corruption issue.
I don't have a scrollbar appearing though, the panel dynamically enlarges.
(which I prefer above a scrollbar solution anyway)

Steven

• Administrator
6. Some text in the Playing Tracks panel when using Album and Tracks has an extremely low contrast.
    (using <element id="ContrastBoost" doesn't improve it either)
you probably have lower contrast set for the fields in the Album and Tracks (detailed) view - the settings from the main panel are used

8. When the player is stopped, Player.SpectrumVisualiser displays all the bars, taking (mainly) the colour of fg2.
    That looks ugly and a bit convulted when fg2 has a higher contrast value.
    Either having it using bg instead, or having a dedicated element would be nice.
unless i misunderstand your request these already exist
Player.SpectrumDead
PlayerFlat.SpectrumDead
PlayerTopFlat.SpectrumDead

hiccup

you probably have lower contrast set for the fields in the Album and Tracks (detailed) view - the settings from the main panel are used
No I haven't.
I suspect it is because <element id="ContrastBoost" is not functioning there.
(and I still feel the contrast algorithm isn't working great for medium dark skins)

Quote from: Steven
unless i misunderstand your request these already exist
Player.SpectrumDead
PlayerFlat.SpectrumDead
PlayerTopFlat.SpectrumDead

I am talking about Player.SpectrumVisualiser

Using
Code
<element id="Player.SpectrumVisualiser" bg="48,48,48" fg="150,150,150" fg2="100,100,100" bdr="160,160,160" /> 

stopped:

Steven

• Administrator
No I haven't.
I suspect it is because <element id="ContrastBoost" is not functioning there.
(and I still feel the contrast algorithm isn't working great for medium dark skins)
contrastboost only works in a few places its been implemented. You screenshot shows the compact layout settings. I am referring to the detailed layout settings where the contrast is set for each field

hiccup

contrastboost only works in a few places its been implemented. You screenshot shows the compact layout settings. I am referring to the detailed layout settings where the contrast is set for each field
Ah, I see. You can have set the Album and Tracks layout to 'Compact Grid', but the playing panel will always use 'Detailed List' layout.
And indeed, the contrast for Album Artist was manually set much lower there.
(that wasn't observable in the main panel, since the contrast for Album Artist there is set at the grouping header)

Steven

• Administrator
For the spectrum visualiser I have added:
Code
Player.SpectrumVisualiserFill fg=xxx
which is used when the player is stopped

This includes all the things I have stated on this topic and for now thats where i will leave it:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip