Author Topic: FiiO M6 Syncing Issues  (Read 3793 times)

JollyRyu

Every time I attempt to sync Musicbee scans the storage for about a minute before the M6 restarts and the copying fails.
What's strange is that sometimes it will work and copy over normally for sometimes several minutes before the same problem happens, the M6 restarts.
I've looked in the M6's settings and disabled all timers, I've tried factory resetting, I've tried multiple usb cables and ports. I just can't get it to work reliably.
See screenshots for the error message and device settings. Any help?

https://imgur.com/a/9nxbem9

Steven

• Administrator
I dont have direct solution to the reported issue but if your device supports USB mode (as opposed to MTP mode which is what it looks like) then that will probably work much better

JollyRyu

I dont have direct solution to the reported issue but if your device supports USB mode (as opposed to MTP mode which is what it looks like) then that will probably work much better

Thank you for this, I think it got the ball rolling in the right direction. For whatever reason USB settings are in the Music player settings and based off this advice I tried disabling USB mode and now it seems to be working! I will update again if it turns out to be a fluke.

JollyRyu

Well, I figured out the issue; and its stranger but far easier to fix then I thought. After trying again on an cleanly formatted SD card, I noticed that the sync was actually always failing at the same point. It would get to this Left at London album and then fail. Changing the name from a literal purple heart emoji to just plain text allowed it to sync over with zero issues, along with the rest of my library.