Author Topic: "Remove from playlist" directly from "Music" section needed  (Read 319 times)

TheFlyingCelt

I see the new 3.4 version was released and first of all I want to thank the developer for providing this amazing free software.

Having this said, I'm quite disppointed for not seeing yet the feature "remove from playlist" directly from the "Music" section.
Why not add this feature together with "add to playlist"? It would be handy to right click a track and see a "remove from playlist" menu, uncheck and it's done instead of having to get into the playlist, look for the file, remove it from playlist, go back to "Music" and find where we left?
It's a very basic feature that is definitely missing.

Cheers

phred

• Global Moderator
A screenshot might help here so we can tell what you mean by "the music section." Ideally of the entire MB window.

As for your "issue" when I have a playlist playing, or am working on one, it appears in the main panel. I can right-click a track > remove > [remove from playlist only] or [remove from playlist and delete the file]
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.

TheFlyingCelt

Hi phred,
Tracks cannot be removed from main panel unless I click the playlist name and remove them from there. Why not adding "remove from playlist" by right clicking on a track, or even simpler implement the ability to untick ticked tracks from the "add to playlist" context menu?
Long story short: just like I can right click on a track and add it to a playlist I'd love to have the ability to remove it.
Sorry I don't know how to add an image. It wants me to add a URL. I have the screenshot locally only on my PC.

phred

• Global Moderator
Why not adding "remove from playlist" by right clicking on a track, or even simpler implement the ability to untick ticked tracks from the "add to playlist" context menu?
How would MB handle the removal is the track is in more than one playlist?

https://gifyu.com/
Upload your screenshot to gifyu, copy the link given and then paste it here

----------

TheFlyingCelt

Just the same way you can add a track to a playlist by right-clicking on a track-->add to playlist, by clicking again on the same context menu. One click will add it to the PL, clicking again will remove it from the PL. Extremely easy.

phred

• Global Moderator
Just the same way you can add a track to a playlist by right-clicking on a track-->add to playlist, by clicking again on the same context menu. One click will add it to the PL, clicking again will remove it from the PL. Extremely easy.
Thank you. I now understand what you're asking for and I can see some benefit to it.

+1

----------

frankz

One of my first posts on the forum was about this.  Gosh, I was so polite!

Here's my (entirely unloved) wishlist request for this.

BTW, I no longer wish for this because I've only got 1 static playlist and everything else is automatic, but +1 for old times sake.
A smile is happiness you'll find right under your nose.

phred

• Global Moderator
Yes, most of my +/-90 playlists are auto-playlists. Maybe 10-12 are static. But I think the OP is making a reasonable request. As did you back in 2017. Too bad it got no replies.
Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 01:28:19 AM by phred

----------

mrbenn

+1 for this

MB can add to a playlist, and locate any given file in a playlist, but if I want to remove a file I have to go to that playlist direct, find it/them, then remove it manually.

I would suggest that the flow be "Right Click > Remove From Playlist > (list of playlists the selected files appear in)

Would be especially useful when a static playlist is my "inbox" for sorting, and I want to remove them from that list once I have done my tagging etc.