Author Topic: MUSICBEE offline-mode only / no download of info, cover, etc.  (Read 986 times)

IgorAtomubootski

Hello

A few days ago I found MusicBee and used it since, but I have some issues with this software.
I have a bit offline collection of Music (all digitized from my own CDs, LPs, etc.). I tagged all with MP3Tag and used the Windows Media Player 12 since then as library tool and player.
Now I use MusicBee and a lot of my tags are changed by MusicBee, for example: Covers, the writing of Artists and Albums.
This is very frustrating, because it was a lot of work, wehen I digitized that.

Question:
Is it possible to use MusicBee only in offline-mode, that there is nothing downloaded and nothing changed within my library, like the Windows Media Player does?
Only list and play the music?

I hope somebody can help me and I say thank you for every answer!!!

Kind regards
IgorAtomubootski

The Incredible Boom Boom

phred

• Global Moderator
As Boom Boom stated, MB will not change anything unless you changed its settings. Upon first launch after install, nothing is enabled that would change your files.

I suggest you take a look at the settings in Preferences > Tags (1) and Tags (2) for starters. It's also possible you enabled auto-organize enabled without understanding what it will do. After looking at Tags (1) and Tags (2) go through every tab in Preferences and check the settings.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

IgorAtomubootski

THX for your absolut fast replies. I will look through the settings.