Author Topic: Duplicate Tracks Detected when adding songs to Queue?  (Read 1139 times)

SonicRings

I just updated to the latest official release, 3.4.7764 P, and got this pop up when adding songs to my queue. I like getting this when adding songs to actual playlists, but I don't want it to show when adding songs to the queue.

My question is, will ticking the checkbox at the bottom also make this never show when duplicate songs are added to a playlist? I'd like to get confirmation instead of trying it out myself and potentially trying to figure out how to re-enable these tooltips if it happens to also disable the popups when adding duplicates to a playlist.

frankz

There are separate entries in the settings for adding tracks to a playlist and adding tracks to the playing tracks list.  The warning is unclear, but you can always try selecting "Always allow without asking" here and see which of the settings is affected.

SonicRings

There are separate entries in the settings for adding tracks to a playlist and adding tracks to the playing tracks list.  The warning is unclear, but you can always try selecting "Always allow without asking" here and see which of the settings is affected.

Thanks a lot! I just did so and it unchecked the second one (playing tracks list).

frankz

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks a lot! I just did so and it unchecked the second one (playing tracks list).
Except your initial screenshot shows that you are about to add a duplicate to a playlist. So you might want to disable both options in frankz's suggestion.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

I think the "playlist" in this case is NowPlaying.mbp (mb's internal playing queue), which is why I said that the warning is unclear.

phred

• Global Moderator
I think the "playlist" in this case is NowPlaying.mbp (mb's internal playing queue), which is why I said that the warning is unclear.
Could very well be. I don't usually pay attention to mbp playlists as I have 90+ of my own to deal with.  :-)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

SonicRings

Except your initial screenshot shows that you are about to add a duplicate to a playlist. So you might want to disable both options in frankz's suggestion.

No, I was adding songs to the queue in the initial screenshot. It just called it playlist for some reason.