Author Topic: Challenges in Life  (Read 5844 times)

Terry Walker

In life, we face a lot of challenges. As a millennial, I already conquered a lot of challenges and changes happening around me. But this 21st century is different what we are facing today are extraordinary it affects our physical, mental, and spiritual aspect as human.

Based on your experience, what is the most challenging part in your life that you are struggling with?

hiccup

I have not an answer, but a question for you.

This board is titled: 'Beyond MusicBee', with the subtitle 'Discussions about anything not directly related to MusicBee.'
It doesn't say: 'anything unrelated to MusicBee'

In my opinion that means it is intended for indirect related matters such as music, software, hardware.
I don't think the MusicBee forum resources were intended to be used as some social platform to compete with Reddit.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it annoying to stumble upon completely irrelevant posts that have nothing to do with MusicBee when I check 'most recent posts'.
Perhaps a staff member could give some input on this.

phred

• Global Moderator
@Terry Walker...

I agree with hiccup.

Your posts here are making this sub-forum seem like Facebook or Twitter.

Your posts on existing MB-related threads are more often than not, not helpful. You will typically add something like "Yes, I agree." Comments such as that add nothing to existing threads. They're somewhat inane.

My suggestion is that if you have nothing meaningful to add, then please don't add it.

Thank you.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Holbytla

Perhaps an explaination in the forum's description, like ''must be music related' would help this kind of misunderstanding to not happen in the future. Just a suggestion.

hiccup

Perhaps an explaination in the forum's description, like ''must be music related' would help this kind of misunderstanding to not happen in the future. Just a suggestion.

There is only room for a limited amount of text there.
And the board isn't limited to 'music related'.
Anything not-directly related goes.
It says not-directly related, it doesn't say not related.
Software, hardware, anything that is related to making the most of using and enjoying MusicBee can go there.

Also, this is the MusicBee forum.
It's not the MusicBee and Whatever forum.

Pretty much every single forum member understands that, and posts responsibly.  (hats off to all fellow forum members for that)
It's not a forum about health issues, how people spend their free time, or how to manage telephone expenses. (not a joke, this was actually posted too)
I think it is a credit to the forum that it was allowed without any reprimanding for so long before now an attempt to correct this behaviour was made.
Changing the boards title or descriptions, or explaining things to extreme precision, for a rare case like this isn't needed. (in my personal opinion)
Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 07:35:44 PM by hiccup

Holbytla

There is only room for a limited amount of text there.
And the board isn't limited to 'music related'.
Anything not-directly related goes.
It says not-directly related, it doesn't say not related.
Software, hardware, anything that is related to making the most of using and enjoying MusicBee can go there.

Also, this is the MusicBee forum.
It's not the MusicBee and Whatever forum.

Pretty much every single forum member understands that, and posts responsibly.  (hats off to pretty much all fellow forum members)
It's not a forum about health issues, how people spend there free time, and managing telephone expenses. (not a joke, this was actually posted too)
I think it is a credit to the forum that it was allowed without any reprimanding for so long before now an attempt to correct this behaviour was made.
Changing the boards title or descriptions, or explaining things to extreme precision, for a rare case like this isn't needed. (in my personal opinion)

I know it isn't just music related, what I suggested really was just an example. But yeah, you're right about having limited space and most people understanding. No problem.

Holbytla

Terry, I personally like your posts. Might I suggest you try Reddit like it was mentionned? They would be better appreciated there I think.  8)

hiccup

There is also an (unofficial) MusicBee Discord these days.
I am not sure what the reach of valid topics is there, but it is more chatting orientated for sure.
A forum search should give an introduction and invitation link.

Terry Walker

I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding and I am happy to be corrected. Mod, please help me close the thread. Thank you.