Author Topic: Scrolling freezes MusicBee if it takes too long  (Read 1159 times)

JMuller

Scrolling forward or backward in a song takes an unusually long time (up to 1mn), freezing MusicBee's interface in the process. I tested this on MP3 and FLAC files. The reason for it is most likely that my files are on a remote server that I am accessing through a fairly slow WiFi. This does not happen when the files are stored locally. Still, I do not think the whole interface should be frozen, since it causes Windows to prompt the user to close the process.

Windows 10 x64, MusicBee 3.4.7764

The Incredible Boom Boom

Scrolling forward or backward in a song takes an unusually long time (up to 1mn), freezing MusicBee's interface in the process. I tested this on MP3 and FLAC files. The reason for it is most likely that my files are on a remote server that I am accessing through a fairly slow WiFi. This does not happen when the files are stored locally. Still, I do not think the whole interface should be frozen, since it causes Windows to prompt the user to close the process.

Windows 10 x64, MusicBee 3.4.7764

Try increasing the buffer size of the track or loading the entire file into memory.

JMuller

Oh, I didn't know there was an option like that. Thank you!

Steven

• Administrator
I have made a change so it wont freeze MB:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files