Author Topic: Musicbee is great but...  (Read 6454 times)

pregunontrack

Hello eveybody! Just a quick thought in form a a suggestion and maybe an opinion.

I am always looking for the best/innovative/clean/good looking software out there for whatever I do and if its free or opensource, way better. The last three days Ive been playing with Musicbee. I was almost sure it would replace iTunes. Musicbee is great in so many ways, I loved how the editor worked and how easy was to add Artist images and album art without having to look in google images. The way you can configure the interface is great. I fell in love with it but... After reading the Wiki and asking around I noticed is has something missing. Something as simple as selecting songs for shuffling purposes and creating copies of the library. I know is an iTunes feature and most of you might say just stay with iTunes but hear me out. Something as simple as marking/selecting songs, just like iTunes do is just priceless. First I thought " I am selfish" but after reading the forum and google, one of the most requested features and people asking for is that one. I know I know, you can achieve the same thing banning songs and mixing it with playlists and ticking them in properties and making loved songs. etc etc. I really tried but it was a mess for me and i need to see in my library what songs i have checked. After 8 years I dont know why it hasn't been implemented as easy and simple as iTunes. Many people ask for it. Also one of the cleanest ways to syncronice your music with other devices is copying the actual files to the device. Both of these things can be achieved by selecting songs and be able to just turn on shuffle just like in iTunes and if you want to make a copy of these selected songs in another location it should be simple.

Also, one thing I noticed, upcoming songs includes the one currently playing, you should be able to exclude it from the list.

Thanks I hope it gets added some day.

frankz

After registering for the forum three days ago, you have posted about this issue more than 5 times (I stopped counting).  

You have been given advice on how to manage selecting songs for various operations, how to display the checkmark, how to use banning and excluding from shuffle, how to generate playlists with only ticked songs, etc. The narrow set of procedures you are used to based on your use of another specific software are not a thing in MB.  There are ways, described at the wiki that you've been repeatedly advised to read, to do all of the operations that you want to do. They are not done in exactly the way that iTunes does them.  That is not a MusicBee problem.

There is one person who decides what gets added to MusicBee.  If it's true, as you say, that this has been talked about for 8 years and it's still something that he never decided to incorporate, bringing the discussion into years 9 and 10 is probably not a fruitful use of your time or energy. It's not like he didn't understand over the past 8 years and you belaboring the issue will suddenly make it all clear and desirable. It sounds like the ship has sailed.

Friendly advice offered in kindness: Either adapt your workflow to the way things actually operate in MB or find software that operates in a manner that accommodates your current workflow.  Spending further time trying to pound a square peg into a round hole can only lead to frustration.  I came from MediaMonkey and immediately wanted MB to operate as MediaMonkey did because MediaMonkey procedures were all I knew.  It is natural but entirely counterproductive. I quickly realized a better use of my time was to stop trying to make one thing into another thing and learn the way MusicBee did things if I was going to use MusicBee.  I'm glad I did, and I'm sure if you put in the time and effort you will be, too.

Everything doesn't need to be simple. Simplicity isn't necessarily a virtue in advanced software.  Functionality is, and there is no more functional library management software than MusicBee IMO.

sveakul

I quickly realized a better use of my time was to stop trying to make one thing into another thing and learn the way MusicBee did things if I was going to use MusicBee.  I'm glad I did, and I'm sure if you put in the time and effort you will be, too
+1