Author Topic: Albums keep resetting after "Rescan selected"  (Read 754 times)

Johan_A_M

Not sure if I'm paranoid or just stupid, but I have a few albums that keep forgetting/resetting some tags after I select Rescan selected. More specifically, it's the Genre tag and a Custom tag. What happens is this:
I discovered some time ago that some files had the genre "Other", which isn't one of the personalized genres I use for tagging. Also, I've created a custom tag which basically is just a variation on releasetype, on which I base all naming templates. This one is saved in Musicbrainz Album Type. This tag was all of a sudden empty. I change to the proper genre tag, refill the album type tag and save the files. However, every time I scan the files, they revert back to the previous state.

What could this be? I can't understand from where MB pulls this unwanted data, and why it affects only some albums. Is there a log I could check to see what actually happens? I'm trying to remember when it started, and it might coincide with me stupidly fiddling around with the naming templates and switching names on genres, which ended up in thousands of files missing disc-track# among other things.

Any input appreciated, including the revelation of this just being me being stupid...
Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 06:44:15 PM by Johan_A_M