Author Topic: Audio issues and desktop app crashed and won't reopen  (Read 1002 times)

breanna.trexler

The desktop app has been buggy for me lately. The biggest issue is that the audio goes out after I pause a track and try to play it again. The audio is working fine before the pause, but doesn't work at all when I try to start playing again. The track is playing (as evidenced by the status bar), but there's just no audio. As I was hunting around for an option to update the app or troubleshoot this issue, I randomly decided to change the skin. The app immediately crashed (error code copied below). These two issues could be unrelated, but it just seems weird that two problems would occur simultaneously. Is my only option to uninstall/reinstall since I can't open the app at all right now?

MusicBee v3.3.7491.38139D  (Win10.0), 5 Apr 2021 9:04:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at #=zgUgQa1gfdKrsF5glDLpI6M2jBAX6.#=zIhNqFwupHQ3A.#=zcapMatMJwoW3wXBHTA==.#=zDA7hHG93DNXX()
   at #=zgUgQa1gfdKrsF5glDLpI6M2jBAX6.#=zIhNqFwupHQ3A.#=zcapMatMJwoW3wXBHTA==.#=zdtsEQ7M=(Boolean #=zilCtaZg=)
   at #=zgUgQa1gfdKrsF5glDLpI6M2jBAX6.#=zIhNqFwupHQ3A.#=zcapMatMJwoW3wXBHTA==.#=z4xuk3M4vAv88()
   at #=zgUgQa1gfdKrsF5glDLpI6M2jBAX6.#=zIhNqFwupHQ3A.#=zsKZqSNHOVDey(Rectangle #=z$KHBYHk=)
   at #=zgUgQa1gfdKrsF5glDLpI6M2jBAX6.#=zl8Oc$QrEiN2d(#=zKtX4yvmPH1xm #=zyhCG_yI=, Boolean #=zdjn4vojI8vvXNzK7nw==)
   at #=zgUgQa1gfdKrsF5glDLpI6M2jBAX6.#=znqM$Q0OioJwf(#=zKtX4yvmPH1xm #=zyhCG_yI=, Boolean #=zdjn4vojI8vvXNzK7nw==)
   at #=zgUgQa1gfdKrsF5glDLpI6M2jBAX6..ctor()
   at #=zgeY_Na03jtcNMBza84h0RpVbwUy0.Main(String[] args)
Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 04:31:35 PM by breanna.trexler

frankz

Delete or rename the skin (the xml or xmlc file) in the skins folder under your MB installation folder.  This will reset you to the default skin.  Then update to the latest version from here to see if that solves the other problem.
Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 04:34:25 PM by frankz

breanna.trexler

Thanks for the quick reply! The first instruction worked great and my app is back up and running. Will have to download the update later, as my antivirus software isn't trusting the file and keeps removing it. Will have to troubleshoot that later. Thanks again!!

phred

• Global Moderator
as my antivirus software isn't trusting the file and keeps removing it. Will have to troubleshoot that later.
No need to troubleshoot. Just whitelist the entire directory in which MB is installed.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here