Author Topic: Came form iTunes, I got questions!  (Read 1310 times)

pregunontrack

Hello, I am new to Musicbee and I have some questions after playing some time with it.

1) Artwork downloader for Artists only, how you add the other sources? When I try to get artists pictures from the downloader it only shows pictures from fanart.
2) How I "uncheck" songs just like in iTunes? I use that feature to remove some songs from the shuffle feature but at the same time I have them available and I can play the unchecked one when I want.
3)How to backup all the client settings, "unchecked" songs and interface changes in Musicbee?
4) How to export (make a copy of all "checked" songs to another folder?

Thanks for the help!

frankz

Hello, I am new to Musicbee and I have some questions after playing some time with it.

1) Artwork downloader for Artists only, how you add the other sources? When I try to get artists pictures from the downloader it only shows pictures from fanart.
The options are in the now playing customize panel screen.  There is only one other option to include, and that option is Bing.
2) How I "uncheck" songs just like in iTunes? I use that feature to remove some songs from the shuffle feature but at the same time I have them available and I can play the unchecked one when I want.
3)How to backup all the client settings, "unchecked" songs and interface changes in Musicbee?
4) How to export (make a copy of all "checked" songs to another folder?

Thanks for the help!

There is no "just like in iTunes" in MusicBee.  If you want something to behave just like iTunes, iTunes will do that for you.

Checking and unchecking songs works as a criterion for filters and auto playlists and (if you include the tick mark in your displayed fields) for sorting.  If you create an auto playlist on ticked songs or unticked songs, then you can select those songs and copy them to another folder if you want or do whatever else you want with them from there.

If you want to exclude songs from shuffling, there is an option for that by pulling up the tag editor for the song and selecting that option on the settings screen (Exclude from playback -> Only when shuffling).  You can select and edit this setting for multiple songs at once.

These library properties are saved in your *.mbl library database file.  If you want to back up this information, you would simply back up this file.  MB also creates an auto-backup of this file each time you close the program.

Information about backing up and restoring your settings is here.  Every new user should avail themselves of the wiki for general questions.  This is a good starting point.

Have a great day!
Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 05:45:20 PM by frankz

pregunontrack

Thank you for answering

When you say "ticked" songs you mean by using ctrl click in a song? This makes the song appear in a big black bar?

If i tick all this songs, It will make a big playlist with all these songs that I can shuffle?

All these ticked songs can be backed up to android just like that?

frankz

I used ticked to be synonymous with checked. In the set displayed fields, it shows as a check mark and in setting up filters and auto-playlists is shows as the word ticked.

I believe songs are automatically checked as you say until you uncheck them. If you want to make an auto-playlist with just checked songs, set ticked as your criterion for the autoplaylist. You can then sync this auto-playlist to a device or shuffle play it.  You can even set the playlist up to be shuffled in its settings.

Again, please read the wiki for information about basic MB functionality.

pregunontrack

frankz

It's for selecting items for further action just like in every other Windows program that ever existed.  Spoiler: you can also shift+click to select things in sequence.

pregunontrack

@frankz you have been great help, I am still a little confused but i will start working with it today.

pregunontrack

How do I tick each song? I've been looking and no go.
Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 05:06:40 PM by pregunontrack