Author Topic: Issue with finding FLAC files  (Read 969 times)

fallonturing

I have been trying to replace music files I accidentally deleted and put them back into MusicBee. I downloaded new FLAC files (I had MP3s before). According to the internet, MusicBee is supposed to be able to handle FLACs. When I tried going under Edit/Properties to put the new file locations in (which I did instead of re-adding the files entirely so that my playlists would be unaltered), the link to the file location alters back to its original when I hit "save". When I went to see if MusicBee could detect these files at all, I found that only about half the album of FLAC files was visible to MusicBee at first, but they are visible to it now. Even though they're visible, the link in properties refuses to change. I just used this feature for other files yesterday so I know it works in theory.

I know this forum says to include your error log, but I see no way to attach the txt file, so here is the text. The errors listed here don't seem to be relevant because this wasn't the album I was trying to fix and it stops yesterday:

3/28/2021 8:40:31 PM - 10.0.19042.0 - 3.3.7491.38139D - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=zuZHIXnXd7rKG8_pXIrUeDodk1T08.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs #=zPDFE8Uo=)
   at #=zHtEf7r5NvoOIlAZv2tlwPAI=.ProcessDialogKey(Keys #=zlKLSXHQ=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessMessage(Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessControlMessageInternal(Control target, Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)

3/28/2021 8:40:34 PM - 10.0.19042.0 - 3.3.7491.38139D - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=zuZHIXnXd7rKG8_pXIrUeDodk1T08.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs #=zPDFE8Uo=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=zHtEf7r5NvoOIlAZv2tlwPAI=.WndProc(Message& #=zcoS3AB0=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

3/28/2021 9:19:50 PM - File open failed: 'C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\02 Where Have You Been.mp3' - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. [C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\02 Where Have You Been.mp3]
3/28/2021 9:19:50 PM - File open failed: 'C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\03 We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harri.mp3' - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. [C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\03 We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harri.mp3]
3/28/2021 9:19:50 PM - File open failed: 'C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\06 Birthday Cake.mp3' - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. [C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\06 Birthday Cake.mp3]
3/28/2021 9:19:50 PM - File open failed: 'C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\07 We All Want Love.mp3' - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. [C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\07 We All Want Love.mp3]
3/28/2021 9:19:50 PM - File open failed: 'C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\08 Drunk On Love.mp3' - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. [C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\08 Drunk On Love.mp3]
3/28/2021 9:19:50 PM - File open failed: 'C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\10 Watch n' Learn.mp3' - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. [C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\10 Watch n' Learn.mp3]
3/28/2021 9:19:50 PM - File open failed: 'C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\11 Farewell.mp3' - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. [C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\11 Farewell.mp3]
3/28/2021 9:19:50 PM - File open failed: 'C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\13 Do Ya Thang.mp3' - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. [C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\13 Do Ya Thang.mp3]
3/28/2021 9:19:51 PM - File open failed: 'C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\15 We Found Love (Calvin Harris Exte.mp3' - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. [C:\Users\Fallon\Downloads\Rihanna - Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)\15 We Found Love (Calvin Harris Exte.mp3]
Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 06:01:12 PM by fallonturing

frankz

Here's the actual way to do what you want to do.

Right click -> Send to -> Folder (Replace) -> Replace the Selected File...

hiccup

Also, the reports clearly state: "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process".
So it would probably also be a good idea not trying to load these files directly from your download folder.