Author Topic: Audio output lower than Groove Music and other programs  (Read 1139 times)

thooo

I just switched over to Musicbee from Groove Music and I noticed that the volume output of every song is much lower than Groove Music. I've tested with multiple files and on every song the volume is louder on Groove. The only way I can get it close is if I adjust the preamp in Musicbee to +15 dB and that seems wrong. I've checked every setting that people have said may cause this. I have replay gain off in controls, equalizer off, normalize tracks turned off in preferences, I've tried Directsound and the WASAPI outputs and different sound devices in the preferences. My Windows Volume Mixer is set the same for all programs. If anybody has ideas of what can cause this can you please help, I've been trying to figure this out all day. Thanks!

vincent kars

to +15 dB and that seems wrong.

It is.
Way to high.
Looks like you have checked everything you can do (replay gain, etc).
Maybe Groove is boosting?

Try another media player
Install Foobar or just try playin a song in WMP and check if their output level it the same as Musicbee's

thooo

I think I just figured it out... it should've been the first thing I checked but I completely missed it. The volume slider on the Musicbee player bar was defaulted to %50. I can't believe I missed such an easy solution haha