Author Topic: "Lists"  (Read 1489 times)

Brian_1998

Hi there,
It's been quite some time since I have written.
I'll try to explain my problem in detail.
I used to be able to go into a section and create "lists" of certain artists or songs and then save just the names of them to a folder, but that option doesn't seem to be there anymore for me.
Any help you can give me would be great.
Thanks a lot!

phred

• Global Moderator
It's been quite some time since I have written.
Seeing how this is your first post, I would agree.

I used to be able to go into a section and create "lists" of certain artists or songs and then save just the names of them to a folder, but that option doesn't seem to be there anymore for me.
It sounds like you're looking to create Playlists. They'd be on the left sidebar  navigator under, errr, Playlists. If you right-click on the word Playlists, you can create new ones.
If you don't see it, click the panel arrangement icon (the square to the left of the search bar > arrange panels > left sidebar > navigator > panel settings and make sure playlists is checked.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Brian_1998

Thanks Phred, but that isn't what I meant.
There used to be a function which enabled one to add all songs and download them (just the song info, not the songs themselves), but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
But no, I'm not talking about playlists.
And to be honest, I have no idea which one of my drives contains all of my MusicBee data.
If I were to download MusicBee v 3.4 into a brand new location, would I lose all information I have now?

sveakul

And to be honest, I have no idea which one of my drives contains all of my MusicBee data.
Do a Windows File Explorer search for "MusicBeeLibrary.mbl".  That will be found on the drive that contains the data.  What folder structure it appears in depends on if you have the Store, Installer, or Portable verson of MB installed.

Brian_1998

Thank you so much for that,  sveakul!
Now I shall download the "Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools " to that folder and see if it works!
Thanks again!

Brian_1998

Well guys, I already have the ASR files in my folder, BUT.... they are not showing up in my player AT ALL!
And this is exactly what I need.
I just remembered it from the past.
I don't have any idea why they aren't working for me.

sveakul

If by "ASR files" you mean the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin files, those need to be inside the "Plugins" subdirectory, not the MusicBee main directory.  Extract the contents there.  Then, make sure you enable it in Preferences/Plugins.

Brian_1998

WOO-HOO!!!!!   Thank you so much for your patience and help,  sveakul!
Thanks primarily to you, it worked, and all is back to normal!
I can't thank you enough!
Have a great day!

sveakul

Brian_1998

Oh, you did more than help!  I really appreciate everything you did and your time!  Thanks again!