Author Topic: MB wifi sync problems  (Read 3149 times)

redeyeshev

Hi. I've been using MB wifi sync with Poweramp for about two years now, originally to the SD card on an Xperia Z5 compact, and now the SD card on an Xperia 5 and it's been amazing. However, recently after my phone updated to Android 11, it's been a nightmare. I gave up for several weeks.

I'm aware that the Sony update was full of bugs — Bluetooth has been all over the place, and Sony have since pushed two additional system updates out. I'm hoping they're going to help. I recently attempted wifi sync again.

When syncing via wifi, the same tracks are written to the device several times despite no perceived changes to playcounts or ratings. I did a sync of a small playlist only, and noticed that repeated syncs eventually reduced the tracks being repeatedly synced until I had a brief, completed sync.

I tried adding a larger playlist, and this sync went on for a good few hours. I noticed that progress jumped from around 60% back to 1% but the sync continued on. Occasionally I would get the Non-recoverable error message and just restart MB and continue. Sometimes, on subsequent sync attempts, I would just get nothing and then a time out. Sometimes rebooting the PC and restarting my phone seemed to help, other times it was the same. I'm yet to complete a full sync of this playlist so whilst several thousand tracks have copied across, the playlist file itself is yet to sync.

I hit brick wall and struggled to complete a sync. The error log was dominated by this error: tryStart12: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 12

I did a wired sync to 'top up' the remaining tracks and playlists. After a restart of the PC, phone, and my router (TP-Link powerline) the wifi sync started copying tracks again, though it kept doing the progress jumps and repeated track syncing again before finally getting stuck on a track and failing. Same malformed input message.

I feel like I'm trying random combinations to try and get this working. Any ideas for a solution or a workaround would be appreciated. MusicBee is the best.

MB Version: 3.4.7749 installed via download file and patched with incremental update
MB Wifi Sync: v2.1
Sony Xperia 5 (J8210) Android 11