Author Topic: Is it possible to set 'Group By' for different views?  (Read 724 times)

kiki

(edited question so that it hopefully makes more sense)

I would like to have 'group by' change automatically for a given selection in the thumbnail browser (without having to do a two step process each time I change views). Mostly I want to group Genres by Genre Category and everything else by First Letter.

I tried creating a virtual tag using an 'if' statement, but don't actually know if (or how) it's possible to detect the selection type.
Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 10:20:05 PM by kiki

jonap

I know it's not the answer to the question, though an alternative solution might be having always 2 tabs at the top, both for the same Music tab, but each with a different view you can set in custom view
So rather than operating on the thumbnail browser, you would just switch the tab and already have the thumbnail browser in the right position with the right grouping

kiki

an alternative solution might be having always 2 tabs at the top

Thanks Jonap, that's actually a great solution. Preferable even. I had no idea that was possible. It's funny, I've used MusicBee for years but only recently started messing with the customizations and am realizing how robust and awesome it is.