Hi, & thanks for the reply. Perhaps ID codes is a poor choice of words. I'm talking about changing the metadata information in the music files like the title, band, genre, artist, photo & so on; the ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4 tags to be more precise. When I was using the Tom Petty example, the metadata containing the band's name had an extra space between Petty and the & on one CD. Because of that typo, all the other Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers were grouped with one icon & the one with the typo showed as a single, stand-alone CD. (The two Tom Petty CDs were listed with one icon).
The point being, MusicBee uses the metadata to assign what it sees and my typo made for an incorrect grouping. When I corrected the typo, MusicBee kept the original typo but as I'd corrected the metadata, Musicbee couldn't find the file. My question is how to remove the erroneous file seen on the left hand side of the page so it goes away and properly reflects the corrected metadata CD with the rest in the group.
I'd post a photo showing this but I can't attach one from my screen print, I need a url to do that.
Where do you right click to rescan? On the far left column? I did that and the only rescan option is under "send to" and clicking on that does nothing I can tell. The left column is where the old data persists with the typo that I'm talking about. If I click on the mis-spelled album, it shows the corrected spelling in the center where I can select which tune to play, but that mis-spelled CD is still separate on the left even though I did a full rescan.
I set MB to continuously monitor folders but upon restart, nothing has changed, the misnamed folder is still there and it does not show under the other properly named CDs.
I've probably been too wordy but with no photo to show, I'm doing my best to explain. I need MB to re-sort the info in my music files and then reflect that by correcting the info in the left hand column.