Author Topic: How do you people listen to your Music using MB  (Read 3462 times)

johnnyboy

I have posted similar questions before particularly with regard to DLNA support, and we all know where that ended.
So what I am asking is with MB being  the best music manager free or not  how are you people listening to your MB organised music library. PC Speakers, USB leads to amplifiers, headphones, network? You are all listening some way so TELL ME!

Mauser69

In the house, I mostly use TuneBlade to wirelessly connect my computer over my LAN to a $50 wireless receiver at my amp (NOT garbage Bluetooth).  This sends all sound from the computer over my stereo.

Alternatively, if I do not want to mess with the computer at all, I use HiFi Cast on my phone to stream the same music files from the DLNA server on my NAS.  HiFi Cast interfaces with the same wireless receiver that TuneBlade uses.

And of course there is always the option to sync files directly to any portable device or memory stick.  I use an auto-playlist to sync EVERYTHING in my library rated 3* or higher to a USB stick for use in my car.  I can also do the same sync to put it all on my phone.

frankz

About 30% MB on Computer 1 -> HDMI to Yamaha Receiver
About 10% MB on Computer 2 -> HDMI to Yamaha Receiver
About 30% MB on Computer 2 -> DAC/Headphone Amp->Denon MM400 Headphones
About 30% MB Synched Files to phone played back using PowerAmp

hiccup

This should probably be moved to General Discussions.

This Questions board is for: Do you need help? This is where you can ask questions to get help from other forum members.

Música

Hmmm... I listen to music six ways, four MB-enabled, thank you:

About 5% on my Win 7 Intel NUC, on which I do all ripping and organizing, through good-enough Logitech speakers, though this is mostly spot- or track- or shuffle-listening to newly-ripped CDs.
About 15% in my car, through my Lumia 950 phone running its Groove app, connected to after-market car Bluetooth to a very nice factory Bose-amplified 4-speaker system (music on micro SD card).
About 40% through my back-up phone and portable player, an LG V30 running a VLC app, always through one of three head or earphones -especially enjoy this at bedtime (music on micro SD card).
About 40% through a Win 10 Surface Pro, BT-connected again, to a 2-channel Rotel integrated amp driving 2 to 4 bookshelf speakers -2 MartinLogans and 2 Whaferdales (music on SSD drive).

I also still listen directly to CDs and LPs on this stereo system, and I subscribe to Spotify which I listen to mostly on the desktop/wi-fi-connected Spotify Connect player, and Surface Pro/BT stereo. 

Holbytla

I have posted similar questions before particularly with regard to DLNA support, and we all know where that ended.
So what I am asking is with MB being  the best music manager free or not  how are you people listening to your MB organised music library. PC Speakers, USB leads to amplifiers, headphones, network? You are all listening some way so TELL ME!

I recently bought Edifier S1000DB PC Speakers so listening with those during day time. So far, really love them, nice set of speakers. At night I use my wireless headphones(Sennheiser HDR175). I use MB using my files which are all on my main HDD of my PC and have multiple backups on external HDD/SSD.
Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 12:14:00 AM by musicocd