Author Topic: Way to change how MusicBee "interprets" filenames?  (Read 836 times)

Eastern

MusicBee seems to have a feature that interprets specific filenames as tags, but in my specific use case, it's proving to be unhelpful.
Is there any option to disable this?
I tried looking through the settings myself, but couldn't find anything.

For context, I use youtube-dl to download tracks from SiIvaGunner, and the filename contains the video's title, which is formatted like this:
[song name] - [game name]

However MusicBee picks up on the " - " in the filename, and seems to interpret it like this:
[album/artist name] - [song name]

All it really does is strip the actual track name, which means I can't search for them, and changes the sort order.
I know this could also be solved by manually tagging the tracks and I do plan on doing that, but if there was a way to disable this feature, then I could at least search for tracks in the temporary folder before I do tag them.

hiccup

…which means I can't search for them, and changes the sort order.
Yes you can.
The field 'Filename' will make that possible.

Eastern

…which means I can't search for them, and changes the sort order.
Yes you can.
The field 'Filename' will make that possible.
Ah, it does work in the library search.
I always use the search bar in the 'Playing tracks' list, so I can jump to a track without changing what's playing.
That search bar only seems to look for track names, or what MusicBee thinks the track name is

hiccup

That search bar only seems to look for track names, or what MusicBee thinks the track name is
Which makes perfect sense to me for that panel.

Eastern

Which makes perfect sense to me for that panel.
I agree with you on that, but it still leaves me with my problem unfortunately.