Author Topic: Playlists exported from Musicbee don't seem to function with also exported music  (Read 4986 times)

Akira Q.

I tried exporting playlists form MusicBee today. Some of my music I had just copied from my computer over to my phone and that worked fine when I exported the playlists. However, a lot of my music was exported from MusicBee as it was extremely quick and didn't seem to have many problems (Outside of a troublesome time trying to pick the folder.)

But after moving over a playlist that contained music from about 4 albums I realized that the music that I had exported from MusicBee onto my phone didn't work with the playlists that were also exported using MusicBee, but the music I had copied manually worked just fine. I don't know if this is something about the way MusicBee exports or copies but it is quite annoying.

A fix or solution would be appreciated. If you need app information, I'm using blackplayer on my phone which is an android.

frankz

I'll admit I read this twice and still have no idea what you're talking about.

Did you sync to a portable device or do something else?  What is exporting music?  What is copying manually?

Your playlists in MB reference the music files as they appear on your computer, so simply copying these playlists as-is to a portable device is not going to work ever.  If that's what you mean by export, then having it not work is expected.

Please explain what you did.

Akira Q.

I tried exporting playlists form MusicBee today. Some of my music I had just copied from my computer over to my phone and that worked fine when I exported the playlists. However, a lot of my music was exported from MusicBee as it was extremely quick and didn't seem to have many problems (Outside of a troublesome time trying to pick the folder.)

But after moving over a playlist that contained music from about 4 albums I realized that the music that I had exported from MusicBee onto my phone didn't work with the playlists that were also exported using MusicBee, but the music I had copied manually worked just fine. I don't know if this is something about the way MusicBee exports or copies but it is quite annoying.

A fix or solution would be appreciated. If you need app information, I'm using blackplayer on my phone which is an android.

I used exported wrong, my bad. I used the "Send to" button to move albums onto my phone. I don't necessarily know if that means "syncing" it because I didn't fully sync it because I have a lot of music and only wanted to move over some of the albums.
By moving the albums "Manually" I mean I literally dragged the files from my computer into the phones files, rather than using the "send to" button.

Don't really know what you mean as "Copying these playlists as-is to a portable device is not going to work ever" as I have literally dragged and dropped the playlist files that I got by using the "send to" button in MusicBee, put them into my phone, and they worked. At least they worked with the files I didn't use the "send to" button to move to my phone using MusicBee and instead manually moved over by copying the files from my computer to my phone.

Maybe we're both not understanding each other here, it's definitely possible, as I'm not too great at getting my problems across as I find it a lot easier to screw around with it myself.

frankz

We all use MB here, so when you use the actual terms for things that are used in MB it assures people will understand what you did and what you want to do.

I suggest making a playlist of albums you want to sync in full to the phone in addition to whatever playlists you want to also sync for listening purposes and synching it all the normal way you would sync to a device (looking at your past posts, you are familiar with this procedure).  It will work a lot better than the hodgepodge of procedures you're trying.  That way you're avoiding synching your entire library but still getting everything to the device in the way that the device will understand how to play it back.

Akira Q.

We all use MB here, so when you use the actual terms for things that are used in MB it assures people will understand what you did and what you want to do.

I suggest making a playlist of albums you want to sync in full to the phone in addition to whatever playlists you want to also sync for listening purposes and synching it all the normal way you would sync to a device (looking at your past posts, you are familiar with this procedure).  It will work a lot better than the hodgepodge of procedures you're trying.  That way you're avoiding synching your entire library but still getting everything to the device in the way that the device will understand how to play it back.
Yeah sorry, I've only asked questions here twice and I wasn't really thinking about it in MusicBee terms.
I'll probably try out that method, thanks. Hopefully it'll work. Cheers

Akira Q.

Hopefully it'll work. Cheers
I don't make suggestions that won't work. Cheers!
Thanks for this mate, worked like a charm and I was able to get everything moved over.