Author Topic: MusicBee PC program AND Windows 10 app freezing when double clicking a file.  (Read 946 times)

Carty

Following a Windows 10 update and reboot yesterday (boo!), MusicBee will no longer play tunes on my PC.

It all loads correctly, and I can select which song to play, but when I double click it, MusicBee is non-responsive, and nothing else on display is clickable. 

I also tried downloading the app from the Windows Store, and it's exactly the same issue.

The only way of closing it down is via the Task Manager, which shows a "very high" power usage.

My current version on the PC is 3.3.7367 (which is not the latest, I noticed)  The Windows 10 app is a fresh install.

Carty

Additional update:

I assume the program has calmed down trying to do things, as now I can double click songs. 

However, Now I get a pop-up window that says "The source file for track 'xxxxx' could not be found.  But the files exist and are playable using other platforms...

phred

• Global Moderator
Update to the latest 3.4 version and report back. See my sig or the first forum topic
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

I think OP is using the windows store version ("The Windows 10 app...") in which case OP can't update.

OP - You say the files "exist," but do they exist in the location where MB expects to find them?  In other words, have your music files moved?  Check a file location for one of the songs that can't be found (Right Click->Edit...Properties Tab) and see if it's pointing to where the file actually is.

Carty

I just want to be decent citizen and report back, that this problem has seemed to correct itself.  So I just want to say thanks to those who replied.

Now it's time to read a few more sections on this forum and make a few interesting tweaks.  :)