Author Topic: CD Ripping; Is there any way to tag in MusicBee, then rip with those tags intact  (Read 1707 times)

SolomonShawn

Just found MusicBee the other day, and I'm looking to rip my library again, from the ground up, after expanding my PC storage and formatting my drives. I greatly enjoy what MusicBee has to offer - more user friendly than Foobar and MediaMonkey, less garish with custom skins, and overall feels really snappy and lean for a free program. I added discogs for my tagging, and that would have been enough to get me started, but it seems as if ripping from a CD simply < links removed > will not allow you to keep your tags, unless entered manually.

I understand there's several threads on this issue already - most of the ones related to ripping from CDs are pertaining to this - but the answers always return to "use this to help" or "use that to get your tags." So, my question then is, is there ANY way I could use JUST MusicBee to rip my CDs - In FLAC - and have the tags I assign translate to the files that MusicBee produces from ripping? Thanks for considering.
Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 10:26:29 AM by psychoadept

Steven

• Administrator
but it seems as if ripping from a CD simply will not allow you to keep your tags, unless entered manually.
Thats news to me. Some of the forum members who regularly rip cd's might chime in but i dont recall anyone complaining about that.
The only recent thing is freedb is no longer functioning. So it now relies on MusicBrainz as the source for tags. If you enable GraceNote in the tags(2) preferences, that will be used as well. Discogs is not used for CD ripping - only with the "Autotag by Album" function

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
The freedb.org database is still operational at gnudb.org.
Could it please be added back in.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

couboys10

To search gnudb for auto tagging, should gnudb also be listed in Tag Providers?

Although I'm trying to auto tag a disc that I know exists in gnudb, the only results I get when trying to auto tag are from musicbrainz and this disc doesn't exist there.

couboys10

ah makes sense, I'd never thought it'd be there when ripping rather than in auto tagging.  It works too, thanks.