Author Topic: Different playlist end/repeat behavior  (Read 2278 times)

aitch-zed

So recently I started to use MusicBee and it's pretty cool overall but I find it odd that when the current playlist ends and repeat is turned off, focus stays on the last track instead of switching to the first one.

So if you hit the Play key again it will play the last track in the playlist instead of starting it over, like in most other players. More so, you can't hit the Next Track key to manually force it to switch to the first track (it simply does nothing), so if you have MusicBee minimized you need to either go through the whole playlist with the Previous Track media key or open its window and manually switch to the first track, both ways are a chore compared to simply pressing the Play media key.

It wouldn't probably bother me too much if "repeat all" worked differently (only repeat if there's more than 1 song in the current playlist) but as it is right now I need to constantly switch between repeat on/off depending on whether I play a single song or a whole album.

So I want to request a new option to make the current playlist play from the beginning if it stopped at the end and repeat is turned off and an option to make "repeat all" only work if there's more than 1 song in the current playlist.
Or at the very least make it possible to switch to the first track by pressing "Next Track" at the end of playlist when repeat is turned off. Thanks!

Sofocl

option to make the current playlist play from the beginning if it stopped at the end
+1
Sorry for my bad English.

aitch-zed

I mean, how do you even supposed to restart a very long playlist w/ repeat turned off?
As far as I understand there's no quick way and right now you either scroll/drag scrollbar to the top and double click on the first song or switch focus to playlist pane and then press Home & Alt + Enter - either way there's too many actions involved for such a simply task as restarting the current playlist.

Currently I worked around it by writing a mouse macro that turns repeat on, switches to the next track and then turns repeat off and replaced the standard Next Track mouse functionality with it - this way I only need to expand the MusicBee window and press a single mouse button.
Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:34:49 AM by aitch-zed

Terry Walker

aitch-zed

I have this same problem on mine as well. So sad  :'(

IMO even with the bare minimum addition of making it possible to switch from the last to the first track by pressing the "Next Track" key when repeat is turned off it's already going to be a huge improvement.