Author Topic: MusicBee is too complicated  (Read 2832 times)

BlackCoffee79

Writing this as feedback for the developers. I don't want any help because I won't be using this program.

Letting MusicBee automatically change how your tracks look like by adding artist images and whatnot feels extremely intrusive. Should be opt-in, not opt-out. I want my stuff to look exactly as I've tagged them. I also don't want needless bloat on my SSD or in my music folder.

Panel configuration is impossible to figure out and the more I tried to change it to my liking, the worse it would get. In comparison, I needed ~30 seconds to fully configure Foobar2000 from scratch.

Sorting has a gazillion different options, yet no "sort by folder". Why? How is "mood" more important than "sort by folder"?

The default font size is tiny for a 1080p monitor.

The entire app feels like piloting a plane.

Thanks for taking the time to read my feedback.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Last week, those of us who were able to figure out MusicBee were rocket scientists - this week we're airplane pilots. Is there nothing we can't do?

In any case, the further removed from being like the abomination that foobar2000 is, the better for MusicBee. You've paid @Steven a compliment.

hiccup

In any case, the further removed from being like the abomination that foobar2000 is, the better for MusicBee.
Let's not make this about MusicBee vs. foobar2000. I find foobar2000 very respectable and good in many aspects, but reading him saying it is easier to configure then MusicBee is an absolute joke.

This is the type of person that will probably also complain somewhere on the foobar forum how terrible foobar is and that he will return to MusicBee.
Let's hope for all more advanced music players/managers he'll resort to Spotify. Or Winamp 1.0

He's probably just a bored troll through.

phred

• Global Moderator
I am locking this thread since there is no need for any of us to debate what the OP said.

If the OP wants to "come back" and continue the thread, then s/he should send me a PM and I'll unlock it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here