Author Topic: modern skin  (Read 35372 times)

cooljazz

Right now I'm working on a mockup version that brings all functions musicbee has into this skin.
I'm trying hard that the final version will have large enough buttons to work with touchscreens and to look good on small screens and big screens.

How about this shadow around the album covers?

The files I posted are fireworks png so anyone who got fireworks can use it to improve the idea.
Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:40:26 PM by cooljazz

cartman005

In your current mockup, all of the buttons are the same size and shape. They don't have to be this way if it makes them fit better. Maybe the switch views buttons could be smaller as they aren't used that much.

cooljazz

mockup: http://musicbee.amasongs.de
cartman, you are right about the switch view buttons, I corrected this.

I included an idea for tabs. A last fm logo at the bottom indicates that you can scrobble songs to last.fm

I also included some bottons at the bottom which you could use to bring up different panes with Lyrics, Now Playing etc.
Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:21:17 PM by cooljazz

cartman005

They are only suggestions. Your mockup is really looking nice though, and original.

V4lve

Wow. I like this. Keep up the good work!

cooljazz

I just put a little html with css together and created a little Desktopfeel for the mockup.
You can view the skin from different perspectives with the buttons on the bottom.

You can view the idea here:
http://musicbee.amasongs.de

I would be happy about any advice about what to modify/improve

cooljazz

Just uploaded an example of how the concept could be skinned by changing colors.

cooljazz

Small update to the panes right and left and an idea for a scrollbar.

Pictures should dissolve at the top and the bottom when scrolling in order to not distract the design. It is the same way in the most recent app menu of android.
Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 03:37:29 PM by cooljazz

Rotem K.

I love the design and I hope you won't get me wrong, but I think you're getting carried away.

The changes you want are more than just a few new skin elements, it's a complete redo of the interface. I'm just not sure it's something that Steven would want to do.

He might, I have no idea, but for now it's seems to me a waste working how it would look in Photoshop when it can't be done in the actual software.

Peaching the idea was good, it's a great design. just hate to see you wasting time keeping the PSD updated when it will probably won't be possible to execute.

Steven

• Administrator
i would certainly be taking an incremental approach to it and then see how it goes. I already had in mind to do customised buttons, volume bar and player display panel so a more 3-d effect can be done

Sarge

Finally  !
something worse than one of my skins..... ;D

ok now don't get upset i'm just joking....I can appreciate the work you put into your design..excuse my poor humor

cooljazz

How many prototypes are never released to public?  ;)
My intention was just to share some ideas of how the GUI of MusicBee could look like in the future.
However I love MusicBee for what it is, offering truly audiophile quality and management. So its kind of a fun part to work a little with fireworks, sharing some ideas.
And its not time being wasted. Just a little  time to relax from working  :)

Sarge

I agree with you, it's never a waste of time if you enjoy iy or learn from it.

The only time wasted..is getting wasted   ;D...
well except on the weekends

cartman005

I was also wondering how likely this is of happening. But even if only a few changes come of it, it would be worth it. I would love to see some more configuration options for skins.

beistrich

@cooljaz

I see that the website is password protected. So unfortunately i can not see your mokups  ;)