Author Topic: Shuffle Playlist Track problems…  (Read 1298 times)

HAL Lives

Hi All

I listen to all my music in Playlists, which I Shuffle: Shuffle with Different Artist Bias / Shuffle Tracks Individually.

In Preferences, Now Playing / Shuffle settings are set to Random.

The initial problem is that the Shuffle function would still clump tracks together from the same artist one after another in a Playlist containing, for instance, 338 tracks by 76 different artists.

In previous versions of MB I could go to the Upcoming Tracks list on the right and manually shift tracks around to break up the groupings, because the list showed all the tracks in the Playlist.

In the latest version, 3.4.7737, the Upcoming Tracks now only shows a maximum of 100 tracks, which means I can no longer manually sort the tracks.

Is there a way ‘round this?

Thanks
Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 11:57:00 AM by HAL Lives

HAL Lives

Okay, after playing around with the settings it seems the best way to Shuffle a Playlist is to Right Click on the required Playlist in the Left Sidebar Panel, or the Playlist Header in the Main Panel, and select Play Shuffled.

Before doing that go to Preferences, Now Playing / Shuffle Settings, and ensure Different Same Artist is selected on the slider control.

Set the Shuffle On/Off Auto DJ control to (Shuffle) Off.

I've never found the Shuffling to be perfect, and always get multiple tracks from the same artist(s) being grouped together; the worst instance I've seen so far was in a Playlist of 338 tracks by 76 artists, and 12 tracks by the same artist were arranged to play one after the other.

If you go to Playing Tracks in the Right Sidebar Panel you can break-up those groupings by moving the required tracks up or down the list.