Author Topic: Please stop converting and caching embedded album covers - 3.5GB of cache!  (Read 11089 times)

hiccup

Well, it's a work around, not a solution. But given that you went to the effort of knocking up a script for this issue suggests that my wishlist request is valid at least.
Thanks
My solution was not the script but using a free app such as SyncBackFree as a middle man.
Well at least you now have two possible solutions for your issue.

Both are free, not hard to setup, and can be fully automated.

euyep93

Well, it's a work around, not a solution. But given that you went to the effort of knocking up a script for this issue suggests that my wishlist request is valid at least.
Thanks
My solution was not the script but using a free app such as SyncBackFree as a middle man.
Well at least you now have two possible solutions for your issue.

Both are free, not hard to setup, and can be fully automated.

OK sorry, but either way im not looking for workarounds, i'm making a wishlist suggestion for musicbee itself.

euyep93

I see there was a new release in January 2022 - I'm still hoping/wishing this can addressed :) thanks!

euyep93

Just tried the January 2023 update, sadly this is still ongoing.

If you're not going to stop the caching, please consider allowing us to choose where to store these files; I do not want them in my musicbee folder as I want to be able to back up my musicbee folder easily.