Author Topic: MusicBee 64-bit version?  (Read 2638 times)

hiccup

In a literal sense I am misusing this wishlist board for this, since it is not something I am personally wishing for at this moment.
But I am anticipating on that this could very well come up as a specific wish in the future, and I am personally curious if this is something that is in the pipeline and would be considered a sensible improvement.

MusicBee is 32 bit software.
Personally I experience zero problems with that, but on the forum I do notice once in a while there are some reports about restricted memory access or some drivers or 3rd party tools only being available in a 64-bit version.
Also, most of the software I am using has 64-bits versions by now, and some even are 64-bit only.

Would it be sensible/realistic to create a 64-bit version of MusicBee?
Would it improve on compatibility and maybe secure a longer lifespan of the program?

BearthMark

Yeah, we definitely need a 64-bit version. The 2-4GB memory limit is an impediment for archivists and data hoarders. We find that we have to split our libraries and podcasts lest we run into a System out-of-memory exception.   

It isn't unreasonable to ask for this. I've actually considered using an alternative. But I'm I've written plugins for MusicBee and I'm super invested in it.