Author Topic: Playlist view stuck, and "Goto Playing Track at Source" hotkey problem  (Read 1099 times)

ropeadope

Hey guys. Love MusicBee! I've run into very few issues over the last 8 years or so. After I updated musicbee recently (latest version) and am having a couple issues, which are probably somewhat simple to figure out. Bare with me as things like this are a bit hard to describe. Usually I open up the program and use keyboard hotkeys to play/pause/next track etc, those all work fine, but the playlist/program does not automatically scroll to the the playing track, it just stays put viewing whatever song musicbee opened to, but if I go into the program and double click a track to start playing, then it will begin to show/scroll to the playing track on the playlist as it should, but won't do it unless I manually select a track. The same goes for the 'Goto Playing Track at Source' hotkey, it will not work (will not take me to the playing track on the playlist) unless I first manually select a track on the playlist first, then everything works as it should. I just want to have musicbee startup and have those things happen without having to select a track manually. I also imported settings/layout from a pretty old music bee version, so that might be causing the hold up. Any ideas? Thanks!

phred

• Global Moderator
"Latest version" tells us nothing.
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Installer, Portable, Store)

This sounds vaguely familiar and I think Steven addressed it recently. I suggest patching to the latest version. See my signature.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
Do you have Preferences/ Now Playing/ playback/ highlight playing track in main panel set to Select Track?

ropeadope

"Latest version" tells us nothing.
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Installer, Portable, Store)

This sounds vaguely familiar and I think Steven addressed it recently. I suggest patching to the latest version. See my signature.

Whoops, I meant version 3.3.7491 by latest version, should have clarified. Installed with the standard installer. I think it could just be something simple I'm overlooking, but I can't figure it out. I tried the patch, see below.

Do you have Preferences/ Now Playing/ playback/ highlight playing track in main panel set to Select Track?

Yes, but just like the other two things I mentioned, it only works when I manually select a track first, so I have to interact with musicbee. When starting up music bee, whatever track was playing when musicbee shutdown will be highlighted when music be opens up, but if I hit 'next track' on my keyboard, it will just keep that same track highlighted, after it's over and the shuffle has picked a new song. I could also probably do a quick video of what I'm talking about, but I think you guys get it. The program is requiring me to manually select a track for features/settings to start working properly.

Both replies much appreciated! I'm sure I can get it figured out. The 3.4 patch did not fix it, but it still had all my settings/panels set up the same as before. I'll try and wipe my settings/config, or just uninstall and reinstall.

edit: Working good after a fresh install where I didn't load up past settings, hopefully will continue to work fine. So it was just something to do with my previous settings it seems, but I'm not sure what would cause that. Possibly because I imported settings from a much older version (2.1 I think). I was able to import my panel arrangement file without any problems, though.

edit2: I imported settings from an old file again and it's still working as it should. I don't know where I went wrong last time, but everything seems to be in working order now. I think it had something to do with the Playlist tab or Playlist selection...I don't know what exactly. Thanks again, I'll post back if I run into any other issues, but everything is working as it should for now.
Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 01:48:31 AM by ropeadope